PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

billinrio

Lurker
Jun 7, 2017
Address: 21 boulevard Magenta. In the 10th arrondissement. Metro station (Jacques Bonsargent) right in front. I'm a huge fan of this shop. It has been there since 1867, has an incredible selection of pipes, and Marie-Aurélie is the very personable and knowledgeable owner. No tobacco sales, due to an antiquated French law that limits tobacco sales to licensed "Tabacs". Upstairs in the shop is a lovely smoking lounge - limited to members, but you can purchase a 30-day membership for around 15 euros. Lots of YouTube videos on this shop.

billinrio

Lurker
Jun 7, 2017
Also hosts pipe events sponsored by retailers. The last one I attended was sponsored by Savinelli. A real blow-out, with lots of people, lots of wine. At another, I met the German pipe maker Werner Mummert. Lots of Youtube videos on this shop.

rodo

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2014
Central Arkansas
I must second (or third) the applause for Pipe du Nord. I visited there five or so years ago, before Marie took over, and while the shop was nice enough it was all a bit..unenthusiastic. Was there in December and now it is brighter, fuller, more bon. Marie was super nice and kind of made the place a real pipe shop. I was there during a Peterson visit. Meh, not a huge turn out but kind of fun. I wish that I'd known about the membership for the secretive upstairs smoking room at the time. One could smell the rich burning leaf and hear the chatter of contented smokers...

Reactions: Jacob74