PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I spent part of the afternoon teaching the basics of pipe smoking to a coworker. He has several pipes and has tried in the past to take up the hobby. Frustration set in and he set the pipes aside for a number of years in which time he decided that cigar smoking was not for him. A well spent lunch hour if you ask me and we both got to enjoy conversation over a bowl of Savinelli 140. I left him with a enough baccy for two bowls of Squadron Leader, 140, Escudo and an Aro from a local B&M so he could get a feel for where his tastes may lie...for now. I rather enjoyed sharing what I know with a possible new member of our pipe smoking community. Thursday I am meeting with a gentleman whom I have know for quite awhile through work as he finds himself in the same situation and would like to take up pipe smoking. I hope that I can guide these gentlemen to have the experience of pipe smoking that we enjoy. I was in the same situation many years ago until someone took the time to teach me. Many thanks to all of you here and to my mentors in my piping journey.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
It must be my face. Nobody asks me for pipe smoking experience! See lot of people walking by front of my house and I'm usually on front porch smoking. I swear, I don't have my shotgun with me!
I feel your pain. I sport a pretty awsome handlebar mustache, but no one asks me for advice on how to rock one of their own. Go figure. They'll wish they had when their inferior wax fails them in the summer months.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
My friends show no intrest.. they laugh right along with my wife, about my stockpile. Actually, the only people I know who smoke and aren't ashamed of it, are here on the forum.
I get a lot of that. To be honest, I probably look like a throw back to the 1850's, unless I'm in my camo and I would venture on a Teddy Roosevelt persona or fisticuffs.

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
I feel your pain. I sport a pretty awsome handlebar mustache, but no one asks me for advice on how to rock one of their own. Go figure. They'll wish they had when their inferior wax fails them in the summer months.

I've been known to rock a handlebar myself on occasion ?

Attachments

• 20170329_011910.jpg
    20170329_011910.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 16

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
Brothers of the stash. Love the flag.
Thank you Brother! Yes had to start over on the beard. Had to have some precancerous skin treatments and a neck surgery so had to start over from a shaved face. It's coming back in though thankfully. Looking forward to getting my civil war general beard back! I have a face made for a beard and unfortunately reminded every time I shave it off. The more hair on this mug the better haha!

• Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Thank you Brother! Yes had to start over on the beard. Had to have some precancerous skin treatments and a neck surgery so had to start over from a shaved face. It's coming back in though thankfully. Looking forward to getting my civil war general beard back! I have a face made for a beard and unfortunately reminded every time I shave it off. The more hair on this mug the better haha!
I hope you are on the fast track to recovery

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Good to have a new piper to the fold. For me, most hobbies become much more interesting because of the people associated with it.

Reactions: FurCoat