PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2015
I picked up this tamper yesterday at my local BM here in Mpls. the Golden Leaf. While it's a great tamper in general, I find it works especially well for flake tobacco that was loaded via the folded method. The proprietor said these are made by a local fellow. Don't know any more info than that.
IMG_1364.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I like that shape as well and have a couple in Cob version from Old Dominion.
It works really well for pulling the tobacco away from and / or pushing it down the sides.
One of my more often reached for tampers ... glad you like yours! :puffy:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Now that is the kind of tamper I'd like to have. One that is angled and not flat as I always try to tamp down lightly on the sides rather than pressing flat down. Of course if you're unable to find such a tamper, such as myself, you can always go (if you're lucky enough to find one, least of all afford one) with Brad's limited production signature spring loaded exotic wood Dunhill tamper, which by the way, does a great job. :wink:

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
The proprietor said these are made by a local fellow. Don't know any more info than that.

I wish I could help with a name but I remember visiting with him at the GNPC's swap they held last fall. I was impressed with his work. 8O

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Wow, that is a really nice looking tamper. I like that it is handmade by someone instead of mass produced.

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
@tbradsim1. Thanks for the reminder as I used a clothespin for awhile then lost it and forgot about it. Need to hunt down another. Worked great.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Recently have seen some tampers very close to this one listed on e-bay. A rather chiseled bevel.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Leave it to the old Cajun to fuzz up a thread. Tamper collecting is more about the artistic enjoyment rather than total functionality.
I'm not selling my rad Davis pipes and replacing them with functional Dr grabows either.

Status
Not open for further replies.