PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I had 2 pipes that I wanted to go after so I do what I always do and post my high bid a day or 2 before the auction ends and let it ride. I won both pipes for less than my high bid and am quite happy at the prices I paid.

The first pipe is a Brian Ruthenberg Dublin that is brand new. The second pipe is a Bruce Weaver Volcano also brand new. I won both of them from my good buddy Pipestud so I know they will arrive quickly and in perfect condition. Finding two unsmoked pipes from artisans I collect is a good day, especially since both have retired.
ruthd2-600x450.jpg

ruthd5-600x450.jpg

weaver2-600x450.jpg

weaver3-600x450.jpg

weaver4-600x450.jpg

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Such a cool terraced blast effect on that volcano...makes it look like lava. Love it. Sweet Dublin too. Nice haul, man.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments guys. This is my first Ruthenberg Dublin as all my others are Billiard's, Apple's and one Brandy. I am psyched I was finally able to score one as I have been looking for years.
The Weaver is my first ever Volcano shaped pipe and I am looking forward to seeing how it performs. I have wanted to try a Volcano for years but never found the right one. I am really excited that my first will be from an artisan who I really trust.

Dec 24, 2012
Those look fantastic Harris. Two fantastic carvers with wide open draws. What more can you ask for. The Ruthenberg looks like a virgin with no stain.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Some guys on eBay and cigarbid bid for the lowest price across many auctions, I think, hoping to win one of them at the lowest price. But when I bid I set my limit such that even if I pay it, I've still saved 20% off of retail, and I bid at the last second. ebay sellers advise bidding early and often, but to me this seems inadvisable as it gives others the price that I am willing to pay such that they can outbid me. I also don't see the point of negotiation, bidding often and early, which seems to me a waste of time, outbidding by a dollar or two.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, it is a virgin and will color nicely. The first Ruthenberg I ever bought was a virgin and it is amazing how dark it has gotten over the years.
Salt, once I set my high bid, I never change it. I always do it a day or 2 before it ends so that way I don't forget to bid.

Oct 7, 2016
Pipestud is ultra reliable. Damn shame he doesn't get more respect here from guys who show no qualms about picking his pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.