PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Although I’ve been somewhat absent in posting on these pages of late due to medical issues I still have a few pipes each day and stop to see what is going on.
Our weather is still unpredictable but getting enough good portions of the day I’m reacquainting myself with some of my metal pipes that I’ve customized with Meerschaum bowls, specifically a Falcon Shillelagh with bright shank and white stem sporting a tankard style bowl and a Kirsten M bent sporting a Cracked Egg bowl, my hope is to get some serious coloration before the warmer weather finally comes.
You all probably know I really enjoy a well made Cutty and this pencil shank with yellowish Bakelite stem and plateau canted bowl by Bruce Weaver hits all those heart string pulls for me, it’s on layaway at the moment but cannot wait until it’s in hand for its first smoke, hope all are well, regards.

banjo
42094689831_1f9f7fed7c_o_d.jpg

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Sweet! I'd love to try a pipe like that. I'll bet she smoke cool with that long shank. Nice blast work as well. Hope your medical issues soon recede into memories of the trials of life!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Smole travels so quickly from bowl to bit that there is no difference in heat because of a long shank. Similarly thick walls do nothing to cool the smoke. The fire is in the chamber and the smoke drawn threw the draught. That dynamic is unchanged by thinner or thicker walls, but if thicker, the bowl will have more wood to absorb the heat and thus remain more cool to the hand.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
How long is it from stem to stern?

Also the sandblasting on this cutty is gorgeous.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Beautiful Cutty Banjo. Glad to see you posting again and Godspeed on recovering from your ailment.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
The pipe is 9” long for those that inquired, thanks for your comments as well, regards.

banjo

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
You see a lot of churchwarden length pipes but many I see are all stem little briar.
That's a lot of BRIAR. ; ) would have loved to seen the block it came from.
Sweeeet Pipe ; )

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
I love pencil shanks but man that it long....I like it but I keep thinking "snap" lol.......

Status
Not open for further replies.