PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Nicotine is an addictive chemical
And the slippery slope begins!!
Yup. Before long OP will be hanging out in front of the liquor store, smoking re-burns from the ashtray and panhandling for enough change to buy a pack of GPCs. :LOL: Seriously, though nicotine is addictive as hell, and what you describe sounds like a textbook case of building a tolerance to me.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I restarted smoking about 2 months ago, kind of easing into it. Today is the first time that I've smoked a second bowl. I smoked one just before lunch and after lunch I found I was craving another smoke.
I think I'm hooked.
So far I haven't craved and I'm glad. However, if you are okay with craving, more power to you. Enjoy!!

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Welcome back. Perhaps the wanting to smoke more isn't nicotine itself, but old habits or nostalgia. I for one picked my pipe back up 3 years ago after I came across my pipe from college from 2008. I had really good memories with that basket pipe and that pipe has seen more than 'pipe tobacco' as well (due to a few drunk friends). It started from there and now my wife and I both have an expensive hobby.