PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Not much of a review here, but just got in the mail Royal Yacht, Bijou, C&D Burley Blend 3, and C&D Oak Alley. Just a quick like or dislike: RY was delicious and damn oh damn strong on flavor and nic. I definitely will be packing that again. BB 3, really just tasted like a cigar to me. Compared to Pegasus or Ild Joe Krantz, just didnt find musch to like about it. Oak Alley was decent. The Katerini was welcomed, but the smoke overall seemed hollow. I'll give it another try one day. Hoping to light up Bijou tonight or the morning. Weak reviews I know, but I'm trying not to overthink my smokes these days.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
That's one I've been on the fence about checking out. So many other former Dunhill blends I'm curious about as well.
It's different! Strong African VAs with a plummy perique-like flavor. I didn't really like it the first couple times I tried it, then something clicked and I started craving it.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Not much of a review here, but just got in the mail Royal Yacht, Bijou, C&D Burley Blend 3, and C&D Oak Alley. Just a quick like or dislike: RY was delicious and damn oh damn strong on flavor and nic. I definitely will be packing that again. BB 3, really just tasted like a cigar to me. Compared to Pegasus or Ild Joe Krantz, just didnt find musch to like about it. Oak Alley was decent. The Katerini was welcomed, but the smoke overall seemed hollow. I'll give it another try one day. Hoping to light up Bijou tonight or the morning. Weak reviews I know, but I'm trying not to overthink my smokes these days.
Update I guess, Bijou dried my mouth something fierce, not excited to puff that one again. So, I'll revisit most of the four at a later date, and for now the clear winner is Royal Yacht.

Status
Not open for further replies.