PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I’ve captured a double dose of Americana — Savoring granger in a Missouri Meerschaum. I know I dote on this mellow old time blend, but it’s earned its place.

The combination has me in a contemplative ? mood. There’s nothing like an cob pipe and an abiding tobacco.
9AE01284-AA77-44DA-BBD9-842E880C4C23.jpeg
I’ve turned this little smoker into a nose-warmer with the simple addition of a two inch Forever Stem. The MM Diplomat pairs nicely with the Tan/Cream swirled acrylic stem (pictured) and has become a favorite.
FF584B8B-3BDE-4AD7-A729-F817FB124D75.jpeg
Which brings me to the reason for my post!

I have two MM Country Gentleman in the mail along with a second Apple Diplomat.

Show us your modified Cobs to give me some ideas!

Share your stem choices or show off other cob pipe modifications.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Love Forever Stems. This is one
of my more frequented MMs. I usually load it up with Haunted Bookshop. Love a good ole rank cob.?☕View attachment 62375
That looks great! Like the Charles Town Cobbler!

I wish MM would manufacture its own “quality” stems instead of creating an expensive aftermarket. I’m sure they’d get a good price and profit.

Nice pipe!

UncleRJ

Might Stick Around
Dec 13, 2020
Central Ohio
I’ve captured a double dose of Americana — Savoring granger in a Missouri Meerschaum. I know I dote on this mellow old time blend, but it’s earned its place.

The combination has me in a contemplative ? mood. There’s nothing like an cob pipe and an abiding tobacco.
View attachment 62368
I’ve turned this little smoker into a nose-warmer with the simple addition of a two inch Forever Stem. The MM Diplomat pairs nicely with the Tan/Cream swirled acrylic stem (pictured) and has become a favorite.
View attachment 62369
Which brings me to the reason for my post!

I have two MM Country Gentleman in the mail along with a second Apple Diplomat.

Show us your modified Cobs to give me some ideas!

Share your stem choices or show off other cob pipe modifications.
Hard to beat a Missouri Meerschaum!

My latest is the "Cobbit Elf"

Seeing your very nice stem modification makes me think about finding an even longer stem for it being a huge Churchwarden fan!

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
4 MM cobs. All with their acrylic stems. Seems to work fine.

I guess last week, I had Granger. And I did get blueberry note.
I used to seek out “cocoa” in burley and I judged them all on my ability to detect that flavor profile - Edgeworth, Burley London Blend, Norwood, Prince Albert. Then along came Granger -Nutty,, but with a Dark Fruit high note and I no longer see Burley the same way and haven’t looked back yet!

Glad you liked it.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Ah, how I love a MM cob with a stem upgrade...
On the left are an Apple Diplomat with blue swirl mini-churchwarden and a Country Gentleman with faux Cumberland, both Forever stems.
The top right is a Mark Twain with orange swirl Forever stem. Bottom right is a Marcus with a stem I made out of one of my gf's epoxy resin blanks and a piece of delrin.
I fancied up the finish on all 4 with Feibings and carnauba wax, btw.
IMG_20210126_193601278.jpg

Last edited: