PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
I thought about not posting this but they are just too cool not to. Here are a couple pipes that came up for a great price and, thanks to Mr. Neeb for selling my Pete, I had the coin to pounce. The great thing is, I didn't know these existed. When I saw one come up, I had it bought within a few seconds but was too slow to get the second one. The third one however, found its way into my cart. What are they? A couple of GBD Colossus 9676s, one an International and the other a Tapestry. They are in really nice shape too.
When they say Colossus, they mean it. The bowls are a full inch in diameter and just shy of two inches deep. I put a pic with a Comoy's Rhodesian of a similar shape for comparison just so you can get an idea. I'm stoked to get these cleaned up but I'll have to dedicate a half day to smoking one :puffpipe: .
Less talk more pics.
dscn3002-600x450.jpg

dscn3003-600x450.jpg

dscn3004-600x450.jpg

dscn3005-600x450.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Nice score. I have 3 Internationals but, frankly, I find their bowls to be very thin and, therefore, burn hot. I hope you have good luck with them.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Very nice! Big, very big! I have a Charatan pot with a bowl diameter of just over an inch, it takes forever to smoke that thing! I usually only pack half a bowl in that one.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, two fantastic 9676 Colossus pipes. Welcome to the 9676 Colossus Owners Club, I think it might just be you and me! The only other 9676 I've seen in three years is one Mike had a BriarBlues, a perspex stemmed Virgin sold in July?.
Here is mine, a "Seventy-Six" model. This one was a gift to me from forum member "Weezil". It is one of my prized GBD's.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Captain, I just looked at these again. Thanks for posting your work. I get jazzed by seeing the work that you, and the other guys who post resto work here, do. I learn from your work, and feel like it makes be better at cleaning up the poor and unfortunate burners that enter my pipe-cave.
I haven't, yet, of finding a Rhodesian (or a bulldog for that matter) that just fits me yet. Looking forward to that day.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.