PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
P1060492_zpsacjiyvkn.jpg
[/url][/img]
Just picked up these two beautiful 'estates', a Canadian and a billiard. Both have been smoked only once or twice. Both are Chacom straight grains. Both have impeccable drilling and draw. Chacom has never really been on my radar before, but that has definitely changed. These things are just gorgeous.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I just ordered my first Chacom. You got two beautiful pipes there. Hope mine is as nice as your two.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Chacom is one of my favorite manufacturers. And those pipes you have appear to be phenomenal representations. Congratulations on the new acquisitions!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
French pipes, mostly, are quality beyond their price. Many of the shapes that became classic and expensive in England originated at St. Claude or elsewhere in France. I really like my Chacom, Butz-Choquin, Choquin-Comoy, Jobey, and Vuillard. They are light weight, ample-bowled, and handsomely designed. In some cases, they seem to run half what you would pay for a comparable English pipe, and some less than Italian and Danish of about the same size and quality. Those are two pretty pipes, very handsome.

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
I've got 2 chacom's as well. Like them both, one just smokes a bit hot

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have 2 and these have recently found their way into my radar as well. There are many gorgeous estates to be had. Also while in Chicago I saw many of their new pipes. One thing I really liked is that they leave the bowls bare. I'm not a big fan of pre-carb. So I will be keeping an eye on the new ones in the near future as well.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
That lumberman looks just like an ol' comoy's shape. Nice pipe. Let's us know how they work out for you.

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
Nice pair of some classic shapes. I hadn't really been looking at any Chacoms but will keep my eye open now. Thanks for sharing.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I grabbed this large Chacom Canadian estate. I have not tried it yet but it is a beauty.

chacom-grand-cru-canadian.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I have a French-made Wessex straight bulldog that seems like a much better pipe than what I paid for.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
@Spencer -- I love that Chacom! I was watching it for quite a while but I never pulled the trigger. I'm glad it smokes well.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My Chacom weighs a ton, has a hefty brass ring into which the tenon is fastened. There's a smaller decorative ring close to it, and the "CC" is a brass insert. The markings: "ChacoM Grand Cru"(shank). On the stem are two words, can't make them out, lower word might be "cut'. There's a marking on the flat bottom of the shank that may be number "1".

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
On the stem are two words, can't make them out, lower word might be "cut'.
"Hand Cut"
I've got 4 Chacom pipes. One is a Canadian almost identical to the picture in the original post.
It's a Chacom Salsa 297 smooth Canadian.
I've also got:
Chacom Samba 44 Ebony Bent Dublín with a Green rim and stem accents

Chacom Alize 815 Briar Calabash Style

Chacom Volute 1 Hand Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.