PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I want to thank everyone who has donated to the Free Pipe Project over the last four years. With your generosity we have been able to send out hundreds of pipes and many pounds of tobacco to new smokers and our military men and women. I don’t post as much as I used to and don’t always personally thank everyone for their donations as quickly as I should and for that I apologize. The project is something that I do in my spare time and lately I haven’t had much of that. That being said, it is still going on and will continue to as long as I am able to restore pipes. If you donate know that it means a lot and I am grateful for every pipe, Tin or bag of tobacco, Tamper, pipe cleaner or anything else smoking related that you donate. I have changed the project a little from what it was in the beginning. I started it to help new smokers get a couple pipes and some tobaccos to try, but I’ve had a few guys take advantage, so I have started sending what comes in mostly to veterans and active duty military. With that in mind I will be in the future letting you guys know about specific units and how you can help me support them. Thank you all again. Without your generosity the Free Pipe Project wouldn’t exist. Sincerely. Dave Shain

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Dave, thank you very much for your work and support. Personally, I was one of the receivers. And it is one of the reasons I am still here today trying my best as a mod, because I received a lot from the community; plenty of advice, tobacco, pipes, etc.
2015 and 2016 both were really bad years here in the country (financial difficulties) and I started smoking a pipe during that time. I had few pipes however I couldn't find any tobacco here in Azerbaijan and it cost a lot to import from the States so I asked Dave for help. He was kind enough to send me some unopened tins. Later, I managed to drag 2 smoker friends of mine to the hobby and even received a pipe for each of them from Dave. I am still giving away pipe tobacco, cigars, accessories to the beginners and friends in Azerbaijan, I am even thinking about creating a pipe club in Baku although I think I am going to be the only member.
Thanks again, Dave. Without your generosity and effort Free Pipe Project wouldn't exit.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Good on you Dave, I am glad to hear you are still actively doing this project. I have never sent you anything because I seem to keep bumping into people to pass things onto but I always enjoy reading the feedback that comes from your project.
Isaac

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
I have extra pipes and could contribute both pipes and tobacco to this project. As a veteran I like the idea of supporting our service people. I have not been participating in the forum for very long and need to be reminded how to do this. Do I bundle up some pipes and tobacco and send them to Dave? Do I send them directly? What is the address? Help us out here.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I sent some tobacco to Dave last year and I'll send some more soon.
If you're interested send Dave a PM for his address.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks guys. Yes anyone who wants to donate just send me a pm and you can send stuff to me direct. I normally put together the care packages cobbled from stuff I have gotten direct.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Hey Dave, your work on this is completely honorable and selfless. We thank you for the work you're doing and the time and cost put in.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Fellow members, keep this in mind when it's time to cull the herd on the pipe rack.

jamaf

Lurker
Jun 7, 2018
I want to thank everyone who donated to this. I am new to pipe smoking but have only dabbled in corn cobs. When I saw this thread and saw that I met the perimeters I sent a message. Well a few days ago this package arrived. I am over whelmed with the two awesome pipes and the different pipe tobacco samples. I have read the reviews on all the samples and can't wait to dig in. Thanks again all who donated to this.
48198910706_93104812ec_k.jpg
[/url][/img]

mrslaughter

Lurker
Jul 14, 2019
I looked around via the search bar and haven’t found the 2019 thread. Is this project still active? I have a friend of mine who I’ve recently convinced to try out pipe smoking but he is sadly in quite a large amount of debt. I’ve been teaching him the basics, or at least what I know, whenever he comes to my shop at chow time in the smoke pit. I’d love to get him a starter set if possible. I have also been starting my piping journey myself and have quite a decent selection of tobaccos that I can share with him. I purchased a rip-off of a pipe from the local B&M near my house but aside from that, I am happy with my MM Diplomat cob. Concerning myself, I was curious if anyone had a cheap briar pipe that I could purchase sometime in the near future as I would love to branch out. In any case, I would be willing to pay to have his stuff shipped if anything was available, and I could purchase a pipe myself if anyone has a budget friendly one available for sale. Thank you, and I hope to continue learning from you all!

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Mrslaughter send me a pm. A forum member gave me several pipes to give to members of my unit. I can give him one of those or one of mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.