PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I mentioned yesterday on another thread that I purchased a Neal Yarm pipe stand. He sent me an email later that he was throwing in a single pipe stand to celebrate his 60th birthday. Today he send me some pics.
This one is made of black palm and briar burl with a mahogany base. I think my new Ed James Morta with black palm inlay will look really nice on this stand. Thanks and Happy Birthday Neal!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Now how many people have pipe stands made of woods that were also used in their pipes?

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Guilty! Haha, I don't know Ed. I sent Neal the link to my seven day set thread and he read about my new found affection for black palm. I am excited to see how they look together. Both are works of art. Thanks for the great comments guys. I'll be sure to post pics of this combo as well as pics of my seven day set on the larger Neal Yarm stand soon.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That is a nice stand BTW. I like shape and the use of three woods,plus the way he stained the briar to match the black palm. I'm a bit slow sometimes. The other day when I was looking at his website I was kinda scratching my head for a minute or three trying to figure out just how the hell those pipes were setting there...... 8O

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That pipe stand is awesome, I had never heard of Neal before this post, now I need to get me some pipe stands. Thanks Chris, one more thing I have to spend money on, congrats buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.