PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Now you know why @sablebrush52 has cornered the Barling market ;)
I wish. Trust me, I've seen pipes that would curl your hair if it were straight, or uncurl it if it's curly. There are some truly amazing Barlings that I won't even dream of owning, that are in prvate hands and NEVER show up on eBay. I have a few very nice pieces, a lot of beeat up workhorses, a few real odd rarities, and the only known original printing in complete condition, of their Pre WW1 catalog, of which I published a restored facsimile 8 or so years ago. You can still find shitty clones of it on eBay, after some asshole published it illegally on a Chinese website.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I wish. Trust me, I've seen pipes that would curl your hair if it were straight, or uncurl it if it's curly. There are some truly amazing Barlings that I won't even dream of owning, that are in prvate hands and NEVER show up on eBay. I have a few very nice pieces, a lot of beeat up workhorses, a few real odd rarities, and the only known original printing in complete condition, of their Pre WW1 catalog, of which I published a restored facsimile 8 or so years ago. You can still find shitty clones of it on eBay, after some asshole published it illegally on a Chinese website.
Like a lot of art, antiques or jewellery in private collections - seen only by their owners or privileged friends ☹️

Reactions: sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Like a lot of art, antiques or jewellery in private collections - seen only by their owners or privileged friends ☹️
Yep, and it's pretty frustrating. I've asked collectors to share images or information about their more interesting holdings for the Pipedia Barling page and most have refused by not responding. On the bright side, some have been generous with their help.
I suppose it's something in the nature of some top collectors, they want to be the only ones who can see or enjoy their collection. They probably spend hours rubbing their genitalia with their pipes.