PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Alpascia is the best place to buy a new Dunhill pipe. Their prices are the best by far. I've never seen a new pipe from an authorized dealer at this price. Crazy stuff!
16k Dunhill

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I couldn't agree more Eric. I would totally buy it except that I only buy in pairs and they only have one.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I saw this one the other day. Personally, I don't think I could bring myself to purchase that even if I were a billionaire. Although I see it is beautiful it is also ugly to me in a way I can't articulate.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
It is ugly in a way that I could articulate, but will only do so upon request. I will say that it is 16 thousand dollars worth of ugly.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
If I was a millionaire, I'd buy that in a heartbeat and smoke it immediately. I'm usually not drawn to that type of collector Dunhill, but that finish is amazing.

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
If I was a millionaire I'd buy it and donate it to a hospital charity auction. I love volumteering for the local kid's hospital, well the one in CT.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Millionaires don't become millionaires by buying something like this. It is attractive but overpriced by about $15,000. Maybe the guy who does buy it will do so to smoke that $1,000 Larsen blend.

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
This $ 18000 Namiki Maki Dunhill was more beautiful
5nZmxOA.jpg

and this € 6000 one a real bargain!
MnO5gzG.png

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Millionaires don't become millionaires by buying something like this. It is attractive but overpriced by about $15,000. Maybe the guy who does buy it will do so to smoke that $1,000 Larsen blend.

The guys I know that collected Namiki pens and pipes collected what they love and carefully smoked stuff like vintage Dunhill 965 and Sobranie 759 in them. In years past I've seen very lightly smoked pipes like these at shows offered in their humidors in the 3k range. I imagine these pipes will go to guys who routinely spend this kind of money for a night out on the town
I've always wanted to collect every Dunhill finish and I'm still kicking myself for passing on one of the only Namiki pipes that I could remotely afford at $700. I hemmed and hawed about it because of the dings and it was much smaller than anything I would normaly smoke and smaller the usual LB shape and it was gone but it would have been fun to own. 8O

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/england/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=25222

Jan 8, 2013
Even if I had that kind of money to blow, I just can't imagine myself spending it on a pipe when that money could go to something far more important. 16,000 dollars for a chunk of briar with some paint on it? I just don't get it.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Clearly marketed to the Asian market. The Davidoff store near my office(Which used to be De La Concha) says they sell the majority of their pipes to Chinese visitors and when they show up they buy all Dunhill pipes and spend 15k to 20k on pipes.
I love that fricking pipe.

kenbarnes

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2015
De La Concha! There's a memory there, 6th Avenue- Avenue of the Americas?

I often wondered what happened to Lionel Melindi. We used to sell some high grade Upshalls there.

The mouthpiece on this one is not very Dunhillesque. The mouthpiece would also look better with a defined crescent lip.

Jan 8, 2013
Its a clever way to hide fills!
I was wondering when someone might say that. Of course now, you may suffer the wrath of all the Dunhill fans. But now that been brought up, I do wonder exactly the quality of the briar underneath. I mean, who's going to sand the paint off of a 16,000 dollar Dunny to find out, right?

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
What better way to break in your new Dunhill than with some thousand dollar tobacco (the video is gratis; also one reviewer comment)...

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/larsen/W.O.-Larsen-2015-Limited-Release-Hand-Pressed-3.5oz/product_id/221096
[my disclosure: I bought two pipes and some tins from Smoking Pipes this morning; got a Christmas card in the mail from said vendor this week]

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
A beautiful finish on that pipe, but a bit garish somehow. If I were a billionaire, I'd keep smoking Savinellis and donate the other 15.8k to a local orchestra.

Status
Not open for further replies.