PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
My one example of a 9mm pipe is a Peterson XL 90. The stem is drilled out to except the filter. I don't use a filter in it and it smokes without gurgling. It has an acrylic finish but doesn't get hot either.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
Some people use them, most don't. It's up to you. The savinelli I just ordered yesterday comes with 6mm filters. The filters are going back in the box and in the closet.

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
Thanks Mates your comments are a Great Help in the explanation of what is a 9mm pipe. :roll:

shotokun16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
I own a pipe that has a 9mm and a savinelli with a 6mm. IMO, i havent noticed any difference. All i can say is that the 6mm can reduce gurgling (since there is a piece of cedar absorbing any moisture) and the 9mm has carbon rocks that can filter out the harmful carcinogenic particles. A lot of people claim that they will always smoke with filters so can they live a little longer and some claim that filters can reduce the flavor experience.
I havent noticed that from aromatics; maybe installing filters with orientals, Virginians, and English blends can be noticeable.
In my experience ive smoked with and without off and on (I smoke maybe once or twice every two weeks in a span of year). If you have a filter pipe i recommend smoking the filter for a month and the other w/o. I guess its just personal preference.
Example: People like smoking a cigar with a band and some do not.
-Junior Noobie

1-year experience

Own:

SG VF (8oz!)

Penzance (2 tins aging)

Scottish Cake Robert McConnell

Stonehaven

Bobs chocolate flake

W.O. Larsen Signature

Time out

Squadron Leader

Blue Note

Bella Vanilla by CAO

Da Vinci
Pipes:

Savinelli 606 Rusticated (6mm)

Peterson (K&P System Shape 3 Family)

Sandra (9mm)

Two MM corn cobs; bent and straight Diplomats
MISC: i prefer smoking with friends, playing chess, and cafes.

Status
Not open for further replies.