PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Good Day All;
I hope it is ok to post this thread and link here.
As a few of you know I visited Italy from April 2 through 11. Visited Maurizio Tombari ( Le Nuvole ) Castello, and the Radice's. I have posted a number of videos of the adventure on my You Tube Channel. 5 so far and 6 more scheduled. Some are just sights and sounds. There is also an interview with Maurizio Tombari, a few videos with the Radice's, including footage of many of the processes they use creating pipes. An interview with the Radice's as well, which was great fun. Worth checking out Luigi's response to how old a burl needs to be, in the ground, before it is ready to harvest. His answer stunned me. On April 29 is a video of Castello. Not live footage, but lots of photos of the facility, the carvers at work, and some of the incredible one of a kind pieces that are not for sale.
I wish I had known about the April 4th show, which the Peachey's have been showing footage of, but sadly I only found out the day I arrived in Rome.
Anyway, for those that might be interested, here is the link to the Briar Blues You Tube Channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWS40j6P7Jm0vQk_Cl4FxQ/videos
Mods, if this is not an acceptable post, please delete, and accept my apologies, for the post.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Any special inside knowledge or pipe lore you attained along the way? Sounds like a fabulous trip.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
mso489, actually I learned a great deal. More than I have been able to put into video or figure out how to put into words.
The Radice's making pipes was eye opening, as was Castello. Chatting with all that I met was enlightening, delightful, and entertaining. NOT one of those I visited held back. They all made it very clear that they have no secrets. I could ask anything, and see everything.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

Status
Not open for further replies.