PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Found a pipe tamper on eBay I’ve been using since July. It’s listed as a 8Deco. The length 3-1/2”, tamper diameter is 5/8”, barrel diameter 3/16”. The clean out spoon is rounded & smoothed, poker rounded on the end. The holes on the tamper end aid in keeping the coals afire. Here’s the pics.
Tamper

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I got the bamboo 8Deco tamper a year or so ago, and it's my favorite tamper now. Worth every penny of the $10 it cost.
img_0835-600x467.jpg

Reactions: mgmmaze

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I use an 8deco Penner Tamper which looks like a fountain pen. The tamper is enclosed after each use, as well as the pick. Sure keeps the table clean. No ash drops off onto the table or for that matter, into my shirt pocket.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I have several of their tampers. They work great in all but the narrowest bowls and are very affordable. The acrylic swirl ones can be striking.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I have a redwood handled one that is really pretty, and a bamboo one. I really like the way they tamp, and haven't had issues with them putting an ember out. They are a little big to get down in some of my conical bowls, particularly on a Savinelli 310, so I have to remember that before I start ramming it down and wondering why there is so much resistance...

Status
Not open for further replies.