PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Most commendable! Congratulations. I'm nowhere near that, more like forty years off and on. I always enjoy your posts, foggy, and your memories of working in Manhattan at a pipe shop as a teenager, your assessment of various brands and series of pipes including your Dunhills and Petersons, among others, and your insights on tobaccos. This will be a very short thread if only more experienced pipe smokers respond. Possibly nil. Oops ... shel popped up ... good going shel!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...footnote on driving ... my dad died in 2006, at 89, licensed to drive without glasses. I was with him at his last eye test for a license. He had a little white Toyota Tercel manual (of course) that had an alarming amount of pep for a four-banger. He made it about six months from age 90.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Thanks for remembering guys. I'm sure I can't. :oops: And I'm only 63. :oops: It was in my teens, but I smoked cigs all my life until 40 months ago. Now THAT I remember.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I love to hear that,dear gentlemen have my all respect

only I hope i had started pipesmoking much erlier,even I owned pretty good collection of pipes I kept smoking my Ryos &cigars and only occasionally (once or twice a week)went smoking pipes, and this like 'on and off behavior took many years

sad to say but true.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Some charatans from the sixties a couple dunhill she when they were twenty each kmaTon oF bamske,T pipe,s fr.om grad school Do an,es and Italians like dan,es e,sp,eco ally Jon as celius. A,lol .r.est am.r,e ov.e.r tHe years but stilll buying and trading. Shel

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Dang I'll be doing good just to live that long, let alone smoke a pipe for that long. There are definitely some veteran pipe smokers on this forum. Congrats on the milestone.
I'm 39 years old, and I've been smoking a pipe for 6 years. I have a long way to go! 8O

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Wow, congrats on the milestone. As MSO, I also enjoy posts of foggy, although he hasn't been posting that much recently. I started pipe smoking 2 years ago, I don't think that I can reach that milestone, I am 31 now.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've been smoking a pipe for 43 years come this June. Congrats, Foggy. Keep going, man.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Yeah pipes and pipe tobacco.

I tried pipes several times in my youth, as a cigarette smoker and didn't 'get it'.

I smoked cigs and mostly ryo on and off for years.

Finally, one day a year into retirement, I went and got a cob and a week or two later, after smoking crap I had on hand for ryo, I discovered this forum and the ytpc, and it was all downhill...

I've covered a lot of ground in three years, and it's been a life saver, truly, to have learned to absorb nicotine via my mucosa.

Here we not only exchange information about pipes and tobacco, we also validate our hobby by sharing our experiences and in some cases, expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.