PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I have been fortunate enough recently to acquire some aged Chelsea Morning. Several tins from 8/10 and another from 11/09 which I am saving. I smoked this out of my best Chelsea Morning pipe, my Rolando Negoita Acorn.
This has become my favorite tobacco, and I really wanted to try some aged... some vintage... something truly special! It only came out in 2009, so there is not that much opportunity yet for those of us who were not smoking pipes then to try a vintage tin.
I apologize ahead of time for my review because I have not been doing this long enough to pick apart the nuances of taste that occur in a fine blend. All I can tell you is... it was, and is, absolute sublime and heavenly to me. I taste chocolate covered oranges as Eric once told me I would taste in this vintage blend. Heavenly, creamy, spicy, citrus, and balanced is what immediately comes to mind. I really don't know what else to say. Except, if you have a vintage tin of Chelsea Morning you were waiting to open and it's 5+ yrs old, then do it, and sit back and melt into another world.. as i am doing now.. while listening to some soft jazz. specificallay, my pipe tunes! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbFCGE29GfJo_koyHDGdeWNYohW6JvSdZ :puffy:

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Keep working down the list Monty when you hit the right blend . I like Shiner Bock and the tin will be from 2009 . :lol:

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
igloo-
the right blend? huh? what? what list? tell me! We have lots of Shiner Bock in Texas! Don't make me suffer brother!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
It says Piccadilly English Breakfast Mixture . 12/15/09 net weight 8oz . Piccadilly is a provocative blend of several Virginia tobaccos delicately spiced with Louisiana Perique . The alluring flavor is revealed in layers thoughout the smoke . The other one is 7/21/14 so we can do a taste test .There is also some Rattray's from 2009 3Noggins ,Black Mallory and Red Rapparee and a jar PSLNF but those probably would not interest you . Give me a ring you have my cel .

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
It's awesome stuff with some age under its belt, isn't it? I'm very glad you got to finally try it.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Yes doc it sure is! I do apperciate it too! It was quite the surprise. Thanks again, and I hope your life rebuilding process is coming along smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.