PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Congratulations Peck! Being English, I read your piece in an English accent and it sounded perfectly normal! A great idea brilliantly executed. All the best for the next 5k.
Dan - it took a while and a lot of prep, but the 'basking case' punch line was sheer class!
Andy

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Typical Peck. If we do the math, removing all the posts that didn't offer help or guidance to the forum... Gratz on 1000 posts! :nana:
Just kidding, but I can post your real picture 8O
Craig

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I saw it! I didn't realize that woodsroad did that intentionally. I mean . . . he's not normally that subtle.
I thought Peck was going for another 1000 posts when he returned. He was like Tasmanian Devil, posting first here and then there in rapid fire. All of that basking away, from the keyboard must have built up a bit of frustration.
Still, it is good to have Peck back! Isn't it?

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Great post, Peck, and we're looking forward to the next 5000. This time around, Kevin will phone you after every 10th post, at the same time, to commend you for pushing onward.

Dec 24, 2012
Shhhhhhh!
You guys are encouraging Dan, and that is the last thing we want to do, especially when it comes to puns.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
Congrats on the 5k post! Shall I waste my time and read them? BTW the dicks on this forum are by far more classy than the smegma filled bowl of dicks Lindsey Lohan has for breakfast each morning!!! Smegma is a new word I've learned. Honored I could use it here first.
I may need a lawyer once the readers go Googling smegma. I now declare I will not be held accountable for damages to electronic devices,tobacco, pipes,ect being covered in vomit upon learning definition of above mentioned word. :rofl:

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Given Kevin's reputation and general sense of correctness, I find it slightly offputting that Kevin has not responded in grand fashion to at least correct the obvious grammatical misstep that Peck took by starting a sentence with a preposition.
But that’s how a smartass would have responded, and I am no smartass. “Yes, I am sitting,” I replied.

Dec 24, 2012
Not a misstep at all lucky. Perfectly acceptable in modern english to start a sentence with a conjunction, particularly in literary works.
http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2012/01/can-i-start-a-sentence-with-a-conjunction/

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Where is Simon The Grammarian (ClassicGeek) when we need him?!

me-004-avatar2.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just couldn't let this occasion pass by without me congratulating the one, the only, peckerhead. The funny thing about his name is that he has watched only one of Peckinpah's movies and that one was Convoy, maybe the worst film ever made, and peckerhead watches it monthly.
peckerhead, conrats on creating 5000 posts of inane drivel, never thought it was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.