PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Definitely one of my favorite albums of all time.

Funny story - I have an old car CD player setup on my workbench so I can listen to something while I work. I had DSOTM loaded up, and my wife comes upstairs and says "Your son is downstairs listening to Pink Floyd". Haha my 6 year old?

So I go down there and sure enough, he's propped himself up on the workbench and it's playing away.

I ask him why he's listening to that music, and he says "It helps me imagine video games I'd like to create"

Dark Side of the Moon: Still tripping people out 50 years later

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
At school, when I was about 12, we had this music teacher who was sexy in a cute girl-next-door kind of way. My god did I have a thing for her!

In class one day, she was playing us different CDs for some reason that I forget, I think to show us different ways of doing a song intro.

Before she puts the next one on, she gives some preamble about Roger Waters and his Dad and all that, then slips the CD in and plays the opening to the album. All the noises and sounds; the guy talking; building up to that glorious Em9 chord and then... she turned it off, creating the biggest case of musical blue balls in my life.

I just had to get that album.

Thank you Miss M, you'll never know the things you did to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Briar Tuck and Zero

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Still one of my favorite albums of all time. Blew my 15 year old mind then, and holds up just as well 50 years later. It's too bad the band imploded, but such is the life cycle of most rock bands.
Having played in cover bands for several years now, I can fully understand how and why so many bands implode. The ones that last for decades are a real rarity for good reason.