PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
Within the hour will have the pics up can I upload them from iPhone or does it have to be a Computer? Kinda having trouble

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
up load your pictures to photobucket(free), then copy them as a URL file. They can then be pasted here. Leave photobucket open until your post is complete.

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
Finally here they are 2 Dr.Grabow / 1 Kaywoodie / 1 Rembrandt / 1 Royal House
I don't know to much still being green about these pipes what do you think? Once i send to Walker Briar works and have them cleaned i will use them :) never heard or Royal House Ltd pipes or Rembrandt have you guys
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]
][/url]

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
It's gonna be so kool to smoke them bro!

Also the kaywoodie looks the newest he died in 1972 so I wonder if he bought that one not far from when he passed :-/
Also the cap of the pipe tobacco holder underneath is that mold?

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
They need a little TLC but very cool to have your great grandfather's pipe! Treasures for sure. :puffy:

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
Yeah man I'm pretty happy about it! I have full faith in Walker Briar Works gotta save up a bit more cash then I'll ship over to him :) his pricing seems very fair

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
There's something more to having a great grandfathers pipe. I still enjoy my second ever pipe that was my great grandfathers. It's old, wore out, not pretty, and smokes grea even after over 50 years of abuse. Luckily, that collection restored will be nice. I especially would like to see tbe starfire fixed up! Hope you will post pics after restorations as well!

bonehed

Nov 27, 2014
Yes, that's mold. I wouldn't use that to store tobacco in, perhaps pipe cleaners would be a safer option. I'd bleach the glass and use it without the lid. Enjoy the pipes, very cool to know they are from family.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
To you the pipes are priceless. I can understand that. But maybe you should rethink spending a lot of money

to have them professionally refurbished. They are dear possessions, so I know it's a tough decision.

Personally, I would take the $200 + round-trip postage and buy a couple of new smokers. Keep these as grandfather left them.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Are you an avid pipe smoker?...I would suggest..and just my opinion...getting only 1 refurbished and smoke your personal pipes...leave the rest as they are to remember your great grand father.

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
Thanks Guys for your input! Yes I am an avid pipe smoker now. I think Cortez and Nola Cajun have good input as well and now am thinking of maybe leaving them be. Decisions decisions.

I guess I can leave the pipe display and glass container as is rite or is that mold a spreadable bad thing.

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
Has anyone heard of the two brands? Rembrandt and Royal House Ltd. never heard about those or seen anything on those two pipe brands.

oldredbeard

Jul 20, 2012
It's so cool that you have them. Certainly treasures to hold on to. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.