PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Is anybody else looking forward to this? It is supposed to be released in late July- early August. It is described as light and dark Virginias chosen from 10 year old leaf. It is produced by SG for Stokkebye, has a broken/ribbon cut, no toppings or condimental leaf. I think this might be a hot property.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I’m sure it will be sold out fast. The last version was. At $35 you were paying for the really cool mini humidor box

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Here is SP 1st tasting notes and interview with Erik Stokkebye. I will pickup 1 tin to try.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/tasting-notes-4th-generation-small-batch-aged-virginia

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
I’m sure it will be sold out fast. The last version was. At $35 you were paying for the really cool mini humidor box
Yup, and for that price you could get a 250g box of FVF or BBF.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Eh $35 is way cheaper than I thought they’d be selling it for. I think that’s a damn good price considering the awesome presentation, the collaboration between Gawith & Stokkebye and oh yeah, the 10 YEAR OLD VIRGINIAS! Count me in... I mean if I can get to them before they sell out, you know this stuff is going to go QUICK!
Edit* I read the post wrong, does anyone know how much this will be going for per 100 grams?

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
While it may be a little pricey I'm still interested. Never had any 4th generation tobacco but this looks like one I'll have to give a try.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I ordered a tin from Cup O Joe's but they only had 3 tins and are now sold out.

As for your question ben88 I don't believe they are vacuum sealed, last years version (which came in a similar looking wooden humidor) certainly wasn't.
Chris

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Ordered 2 about an hour ago when I got the notice from SP. Added both the new Amphoras and a few various VA flakes to get that free shipping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.