PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Komier65

Lurker
Jun 25, 2021
Battle Creek Michigan
I bought this from my favorite B/M and opened yesterday. Smells sweet I understand they use a honey topping. The smoke does not reflect the honey smell but I did find occasional sweet notes as I worked through the bowl. I bought the 3 tins they had (all with a 2013 date on them) I'm going to order a fresh tin to compare. ( quite a noticeable Nic hit)
Becoming a huge fan of Virginia Burley blends.

Attachments

• 4th gen.jpg
    4th gen.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I wish I could comment on the quality and flavor but not yet. I received a tin at the end of October that is on my shelf. (I'm accumulating variety at the moment)

The site I ordered it from says it has no flavoring. I'm looking forward to opening it someday as I'm expecting to enjoy it.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Good stuff and the age will have improved / changed it significantly. I’ve had both fresh and aged and enjoyed them both. No complaints whatsoever with fresh and I also enjoyed it after about five years of aging - the tobacco seemed darker and mellower with more bread and fig notes to my palate than the fresh, which I found to be brighter, for lack of a better term.

I first encountered this blend in a B&M shop and it was dusty and ignored and absolutely dirt cheap so I bought a tin. Before I even got done smoking the first bowl I returned and bought the remaining tins. Then I ordered a few fresh tins and smoked one or two and tossed the rest in the cellar. Hmm, I should probably pull one out now that I’m thinking about it.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy