PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
No shit Sherlock. Was hoping responses would entail details of the blends that would be purchased.

Hey, I don’t even own a calabash! Then again, neither did he.....

I’d start with Esoterica Tilbury, Peter Heinrich’s Curly Block, HU Fayyum, McClelland 40th, and Country Squire Old Toby. After that God only knows.

If they have to be currently available replace the McClelland with Synjeco Clegir Rope.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Hey, I don’t even own a calabash! Then again, neither did he.....

I’d start with Esoterica Tilbury, Peter Heinrich’s Curly Block, HU Fayyum, McClelland 40th, and Country Squire Old Toby. After that God only knows.

If they have to be currently available replace the McClelland with Synjeco Clegir Rope.
Oh crap...looks like I’m gonna have to be content with only smoking haunted bookshop. Originally I thought this post would help me identify a few blends to try, but now I think I’m just gonna freak out about all of the stuff I won’t be able to. Haha...man, a calabash would look awesome on your tractor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Oh crap...looks like I’m gonna have to be content with only smoking haunted bookshop. Originally I thought this post would help me identify a few blends to try, but now I think I’m just gonna freak out about all of the stuff I won’t be able to. Haha...man, a calabash would look awesome on your tractor
Tractor?

OK fine, I’ll make it easier.

MacBaren HH Acadian Perique, Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding, Sam Gawith Full Virginia Flake, CD Briar Fox, Country Squire Old Toby (or Sutliff Black Cordial if thats easier).

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I can't give away my secret favorite blends.
But I'll tell you I would buy tins. Also, at 6-12 bowls a day, I would have no cellar, and I would have to wait impatiently for my next tobacco order to arrive.
So you’re pretty much living in that garage tent now then, eh?

And your wife says it’s because of the pipe? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ahi Ka

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Tractor?

OK fine, I’ll make it easier.

MacBaren HH Acadian Perique, Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding, Sam Gawith Full Virginia Flake, CD Briar Fox, Country Squire Old Toby (or Sutliff Black Cordial if thats easier).

Yeah, but would you buy PP SR until you couldn’t get anymore and then switch to PP??

I think right now, and my experience is overwhelmingly limited, that I would start by alternating between Plum Pudding SR and Orlik DSK until I was happy with the amounts I had of each on hand. After that, I’d probably try to find an aromatic that I liked and alternate that with HH ODF.

Then I’d just consult tobaccoreviews.com and work my way down through the ratings in each category until I’d covered a bunch of different styles.

Then I’d go back to step 1 until forever.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I can't give away my secret favorite blends.
But I'll tell you I would buy tins. Also, at 6-12 bowls a day, I would have no cellar, and I would have to wait impatiently for my next tobacco order to arrive.
I know one of your secret blends that also happens to be one of my new favorites. It's called Liar Rocks right?

• Haha
Reactions: didimauw

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I do this. And since I’m still trying to stay wide but not especially deep on the cellar it’s fine.

My advice is to take whatever genre you are most into, get a list of the highest rated blends with more than 20 reviews on tobaccoreviews.com, and just bang those out, one at a time. As a break, whenever your retailer of choice has a sale, switch to getting those blends until the sale is over.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
If you enjoy the taste of tobacco in general, it's pretty easy. Just buy any natural, minorly topped blends that sound good. Aromatics I think are a different animal, considering many of them are so different and contain more flavouring

Status
Not open for further replies.