4noggins wiped out of all bulk tobaccos in mere hours!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Lol I'm glad my order of 5100 and Bayou Morning that will last me through the summer arrived last week. :puffpipe:

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Much of their bulk offerings magically restocked overnight. I guess I was right about them getting overwhelmed. My order is scheduled to arrive today!!!

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I'm sure they didn't actually run out of bulk tobacco. They probably had a limit set that when they only had maybe 50% of their stock left they would stop the sale. It would be really bad business if they had absolutely no bulk tobacco for weeks on end. They would lose quite a few customers.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I am sure they had posted that in the email limited time on sale... I think its bad business to have a sale and post they are out of bulk tobacco...then obviously still have stock. So basically the sale was for a limited time during that day, but they did go a whole day of not having any bulk tobacco available. I do get the idea of being out of stock for a week or so yeah that's bad business. Oh well its 4noggins and Rich and company do a great job very fast to ship and no real complaints about them they do a great job.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
The sale was scheduled to run from 6am to 6pm but when I checked around noon they already had the 'all bulk out of stock' sign up on the page.
Jitterbug - that's a valid point about them setting a limit to how much they would allow their stocks to be depleted. I hadn't thought of that possibility. That would be terrible business if they had no bulk for weeks and the replacements trickled in one slow shipment at a time.
It does look like they actually did sell out of some of the lines. I don't have a photographic memory but I'm sure they had Mac Baren and Charles Fairmorn bulk before the sale.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Got my order this afternoon. It does look like all the bags were prepackaged. I can't imagine in the flurry of the sale the past two days they would take so much time to get the bags into this nice presentation. Very happy!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Much of their bulk offerings magically restocked overnight. I guess I was right about them getting overwhelmed.
There's maybe a 3rd showing of what they carry, I'm sure it was old stock being cleared out and then new stock waiting to replace it.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
It's a sticky problem with the net. There's always someone looking over your shoulder, picking nits. So it's best not to have any nits to pick when you go to town with a bold statement or iron clad commitment. Of course, the quality of those nits has dropped considerably over the last 15 years, as we have rid ourselves of all of the really quality, professional, paid nitpickers. Those folks knew where the the really ripe, juicy nits hung out. They could find them in a haystack, or hidden in plain sight, pick them and put them on display in grand style.
I was one of those nitpickers once. Got a nice fat check every week to go out and take a really close look at the world and report back with what I found. Didn't know it at the time, but I was living the Life of Riley. Today, the nits we get are the low hanging fruit. Doesn't much matter, though, as people today don't know a good nit from their anal pore. Give them a tiny, dried up nit and they act like the world is ending. But give them something really fat and juicy, like Obama letting his new friends the Iranians build nuclear weapons, and they yawn.
So you can keep your nits, even cultivate some really nice ones. Don't need to hide them particularly well. In fact, you can leave them out in plain sight, just don't call them "nits". Call them "features" or "options" or "contingencies". The Emperor has a fine set of clothes, all bedazzled with....nits.

Status
Not open for further replies.