PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
New guy looking for 4 noggins recommendations all all blends.
Thanks Oldmannk

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
If you like Latakia blends, I highly recommend Button Bay. If you like aromatics, Three Blind Moose is a nice, mellow, butterscotch-tasting blend. And it's always a pleasure dealing with 4Noggins. My favorite "neighborhood" pipe & tobacco shop.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Are you talking recommendations of 4 noggins blends? Or all of the blends they offer? Button Bay is an extremely strong english so be warned. If you want something milder try bald headed teacher. If you're looking at all the blends they offer I love el ricon de la pipa #1, it's got a light latakia presence, it's pretty much like an english blend but it is kind of strong. What are your tastes like now? Milder or stronger? It would help alot, do you prefer aro's or english blends virginia's or burley's or are you just looking to experiment?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
VaPer - Prairie Wind (the Perique shows its more fruity side -- less peppery)

VaBur - Weybridge (nutty and leaning toward sweet without cloying -- with a dash of Perique)

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
As for 4noggins blends that are blended by Rich i like
Lord Methleys and Killington
Which are both Aros but very good ones.
I haven't really tried any other blends of his maybe i should get on some of these recommendations.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Three Blind Moose is a top notch aro and while I'm not a big Latakia fan I find that Bald Headed Teacher hold just the right amount. I have a pound of 3BM in my cellar and just got a 1/2 pound of BHT today! Rich offers sampler packs if I'm not mistaken. $20 for 5 1oz samplers.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Prairie Wind - A nice VaPer plus a little extra. Like most tobacco blends, you need a few bowls to get the feel. I'm not big on house blends as they're mostly aromatics, this is a proper VaPers and even jarred a few ounces to see its full potential.
Prairie Wind - Have smoked a dozen bowls and though Burley, the Perique will pick up the slack and deliver a nice smoke.
Craig

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I agree about Bald Headed Teacher-one of my favorites. I would recommend Three Blind Moose for anyone as an intro to aros. The Deer Tongue in some on their blends doesn't agree with me, but everyone is different.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
his - trout stream - was recommended on this site -tried it now a regular - pleasant not exactly an aromatic light easy smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.