4/24/20: SP...Heinrich’s Curly Block Available Today.☕️?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
New Cigars
4 Fresh Todd Johnson Pipes
24 Fresh Brigham Pipes
3 Fresh Il Cerchio Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
It's very good stuff. 275g is equivalent to 5-1/2 50g tins, which is the most common size these days. So, $14.54 per "tin". A 50g tin of Escudo is $13.59 at Smokingpipes. Escudo is constructed similarly to Curly Block before it is sliced. So, Curly Block is just a bit more than another similar fine VaPer. The biggest issue is that if you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound. $80 is nothing to sneeze at.
Very good analysis Craig. Expense is a relative thing and I personally love the Block. I just wanted folks to have a chance on a blend that has very limited availability here in the States without having to pay premium shipping costs from overseas.☕

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I'll just add:

For noobs, here's your chance to grab what is basically a unicorn for a good price.

For reference, Motzek Strang goes for over $100/oz of you can even find it.

If you smoke 1 bowl a month how long will 1 bag last?
I think I have a 100 grams of Strang (less one bowl) tucked away in the cellar. At $100 an ounce I should sell off an ounce or two!

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I’m also pretty sure the wrapper is burley.
So it’s really not 100% similar to a VaPer.

There's apparently some burley content but to me at least, it is barely detectable. For me, I like this VaPer because the perique comes across as fig, plum, spicy sweet instead of a pepper bomb. It has a reasonable amount of complexity, medium bodied with delightful flavors. These impressions are all from young tobacco as well. I think this blend will benefit nicely from some aging but it is very, very good fresh.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
It's very good stuff. 275g is equivalent to 5-1/2 50g tins, which is the most common size these days. So, $14.54 per "tin". A 50g tin of Escudo is $13.59 at Smokingpipes. Escudo is constructed similarly to Curly Block before it is sliced. So, Curly Block is just a bit more than another similar fine VaPer. The biggest issue is that if you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound. $80 is nothing to sneeze at.
It's all relative. Here, a single 50 g tin is around $50. This is a good price for a lb to me

Reactions: Simmerdown☕️

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Especially when you can get a pound of Rouxgaroux for less than $60 when it's in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.