PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Found a 3 Year old tin of Escudo sitting in the back of the stack on the shelf at my local b&m yesterday. Score. Just popped the top on it and damn, smells delicious and tastes the same. Smoking a bowl right now in my Briar Bird #55. Pipers bliss. This stuff really shines with age. Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. Cheers! -Corey
20150221_160628-600x337.jpg

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
raining so hard outside here now that it sounds like a cow pissing on a flat rock.
that said, I'm safe and warm in the man-cave and enjoying escudo, as well...tho not near as old as yours...great smoke.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
What a great find and hidden at the back of the shelf no less!! Nice. Enjoy!! :puffy:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Congratulations! I have a tin I bought for a friend, but he has a few years worth of it in the cellar, so he told me to keep it. I was instructed to wait until Christmas to open it. Very anxiously waiting to pop it.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Sounds like a fine evening all around! Enjoy!
I love Escudo, and am so glad it it readily available and relatively inexpensive. People sing Escudo's praises like they sing Penzance's praises, and yet Penzance is impossible to find and is often quite expensive when it is available.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
While Escudo and Penzance are different types of tobacco, they do share quite the cult following for each.
I'll say that for me, Escudo lived up to it's hype as many have touted. I'll be locking down my fair share of tins to stocking and aging. Penzance while not a bad smoke by any means, isn't worth the time and effort in trying to acquire.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
As an outdoor smoker I am looking forward to partaking of a fine WARM bowl of Escudo. I have a half dozen tins that are a couple of years old that are awaiting rediscovery!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Escudo, and Stokkebye's LBF are amazing with age. Congrats on the find, and happy smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.