Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Nice job. Now that you have run out of real things to say, you get personal. It doesn't help your case that you must bring in irrelevant arguments in to make yourself look good.
You are clearly the initiator of making it personal when you made false allegations against certain unnamed pro water flushers which you couldn't back up with any facts whatsoever. Now you're trying to play the whiney victim. You're a lot better, it appears, at dishing it out than you are taking it. Hang on, I'll call you a Waambulance. And it is relevant, it points to your selfish character.

Any impact on the finish of the pipe? Only concern that keeps me away from water.
I haven’t had any negative issues with the finish. I just buff them dry with a fluffy towel afterwards, and they look better than before.
I have some nice pipes, so I like to keep them in tip top.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Any impact on the finish of the pipe? Only concern that keeps me away from water.
None with mine, but I trickle water through the chamber at a rate adjusted to keep the chamber filled while it pours out through the end of the shank, and I wipe the exterior. It will screw up microcrystalline wax finishes, like Paragon and Halcyon, but I just reapply and it's good as new.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Yes, I've had stain runoffs on 2 or 3 Danish Stanwells. I could see the stains on my fingers and tissues that I wiped the pipes with. The water seems to have washed off surface layers only, as residual layers remain that appear permanent. I've water rinsed around 50 or more pipes I'd guess and this happened on the Stanwells only.

Yes, I've had stain runoffs on 2 or 3 Danish Stanwells. I could see the stains on my fingers and tissues that I wiped the pipes with. The water seems to have washed off the surface layers only, as residual layers remain that appear permanent.
Funny, I wash my Stanwells all the time. Were they estates?

Status
Not open for further replies.