One of my first pipes I ever drilled. Plugged with a delrin tenon, filled with water and allowed to sit for 24 hours for the purpose of seeing the affects. I am providing no opinions, only the results.
- Water Used - Well water through a water softener. Filled warm.
- Average ambient temperature: 74 F
- Average relative humidity: 63%
- Duration: 24 hours
- Pipe was smoked maybe 6 times for its life
- Tenon was capable of being removed and reinserted repeatedly after the 24 hours. No appreciable difference in fit, no splitting of shank around tenon
- Last blend smoked was Penzance. It still smelled like Penzance before and after the soak.
- My only regret was that I did not weigh the sample before and after.