PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Do you have to do the workshop to attend the reception?
No, you do not. Most folks don't sign up for the workshop, but everyone is welcome to the reception.
I will definitely be there! Is there a chance of a forum meet up?
There sure is. Maybe we could consider some kind of name tag with PM noted on the corner...just to make it easier to find one another?

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
^ me too...got mine at the Ramada where the reception is held. They still have some rooms left and you can get a balcony to smoke on

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
joeman, I moved the picture to your first post and deleted the other one.
Belated thank-you Javan...I didn't get the flyer until after initially posting that the show was confirmed.
Wow...lots of guys coming to this one. I've also got a bunch of Instagram followers which are coming as well.
Here's my vendor logo banner which hangs off the front of my table, as well as behind me in flag fashion...
good-as-new-estate-pipes-forum-posting.jpg

cam9

Lurker
May 1, 2017
As I new pipe smoker in the Raleigh area (Wake Forest) I was really hoping to get to this show, but I need to travel out of town.
Are there any other shows that I could keep my eyes open for? Thank you.
Chris

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Looks like there's a better than average chance I'll be in Raleigh on business Saturday. If that works out, I'll try to stop by the show. Hope to meet some people.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Things look iffy for my getting to TAPS, foremost because I am having to prep for an appointment with our tax person, and unfortunately we have some other issues with a household appliance and other life occurrences. So it goes. If I get by, it will be a quick turn I fear. If not, my regards to Jerry Perry, the pipe carver; i have seven of his pipes in Mountain Laurel, briar, and Cocobolo, the first purchased in 2002, and all in good smoking order. We usually do a little better with tax prep, but there's more paper shuffling than usual this year. Groan. I was going to look at Jerry's maple wood pipes, but perhaps that will have to wait until the state fair in October. My apologies to jiminks and others who'll be at the show, if I don't show up. It's a fine event, and not to be missed. I'll be smoking my Jerry Perry and Bob Hayes pipes from past shows, whether I make it or not.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I had a great time. Got a new Bing from Basil Meadows, who sold two other Bings the show. I also gave out some samples of new to the market Wilke blends to those who were interested. The chill and rain didn't not dampen anybody's day there.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Actually, a rainy day is perfect for a pipe show, no reason not to be inside. Dang me, I just couldn't get there, but I'm glad many members did. The tax man (getting ready to see the expert) mugged me for the pipe show.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I had a great time! Didn't end up picking anything up but I really enjoyed looking around and talking to a few folks there.

Status
Not open for further replies.