PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
As a TAPS estate pipe table vendor (4 years running), I was able to confirm that the 21st annual show is set for April 7. Several members here have attended this show, if not many times in the past. Tom (mso489), Jim (JimInks), Dino (bonanzadriver), and yours truly, just to name a few. Any others?
If you stop by my table (GAN Estate Pipes...aka Good-As-New Estate Pipes)...please do NOT feel the least obligation to spend a nickle; just stop and say hello! Anyone within a few hours car ride of this show will find it quite worth your time. It's well organized, the guys who run it are very friendly and helpful, there are 40-plus vendors (so it's quite large enough, but not overwhelming), and unlike the one unfriendly estate pipe vendor Dino had an unfortunate experience with last year, the vendors are super nice and helpful. Hope to see some of you there.
1zgt342.jpg

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
Its about a 4 hour ride bur I think I will try to make it there this year, any idea of where it will be held at? :puffpipe:

terry292

Lurker
Apr 5, 2017
Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, we'll be there again this year, Joe. Look forward to seeing you again. The Lil Bit might even make the trip again this year.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
any idea of where it will be held at?

Bambam...it'll be at the NC State Fairgrounds.
Terry!! I didn't know you were here! I'd have mentioned you in my initial post if I did. It will be fantastic as always to see you and your family!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I'll be making the trip to the Raleigh Show this year (my first trip to that show). I have heard great things about their past shows and am really looking forward to it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of the pleasing features of the TAPS show is that its fairgrounds location provides ample parking. You might have to walk a little if you show up toward midday, but you won't have to hunt or pay to park. The show started in a smaller venue, but I think they are in the big round Holshauser Bldg again this year. I'll miss the late great Bob Hayes, award winning N.C. pipe carver. I always look for Jerry Perry who works in Mountain Laurel, briar, and maple -- maybe others, I have his Cocobolo pipe. Don't let his moderate prices fool you -- he's highly accomplished and has his own distinctive way with a piece of wood. Hope to get there again.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Always enjoy the TAPS show, wouldn't miss it! Not the biggest around, but there always seems to be plenty to suit all budgets and tastes at this show.
Great to here you will be there pipestud - look forward to possibly meeting you. Are you setting up a table / vending for the show?

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
I hope to get to the show this year. I've attended in the past and I've always enjoyed it. The past couple of years I've been out of town for one reason or another and haven't made it. It always seems like a nice friendly show to me, so it's on my calendar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Be sure to check out Jerry Perry's table. He only sells at the State Fair and TAPS, not online. He works in Mountain Laurel, briar, maple and occasional other woods. It would be good to have one or two other Forums members own and enjoy his work. Right now, he's like my imaginary friend, since no one else has a JP pipe. I bought my first, a Mountain Laurel poker, in 2002, and have (I think it is...) seven. You might have to shop and think it over ... he's his own thing. But I think you'll enjoy a purchase.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
My brother and I are planning on making the drive this year.

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
I will definitely be there! Is there a chance of a forum meet up? 1st round on me if so....

Status
Not open for further replies.