Status
Not open for further replies.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Gents...I hope to see many of you there! Info below, or visit:
tapsclub.us/annual-raleigh-pipe-expo

2020 Raleigh Expo - TAPS (Triangle Area Pipe Show)
SATURDAY, APRIL 4, 2020
9 am to 5 pm, $5 entry fee
NC State Fairgrounds, at the Gov. James E. Holshouser Building, 1025 Blue Ridge Blvd, Raleigh, NC

FEATURING:Artisan pipe carvers, Estate sellers, Accessories, Tobacco and Pipe Importers, Distributors, and MORE

WELCOME RECEPTION, Friday April 3rd 6pm to 9pm: Ramada Inn, 1520 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh NC 27607

Featuring Keynote Speaker: Jeremy Reeves, Head Blender with Cornell and Diehl Tobacco

Please join us for a relaxing and informative presentation, pipe smoking on the patio, food and adult beverages.

PROFESSIONAL PIPE PHOTOGRAPHER: Mary Clark Walters
will be on hand to capture the entire event, including the pipemaking workshop, welcome reception and pipe expo.

SPONSOR HOTEL: Ramada Inn, conveniently located 1/4 mile from the Fairground site.

1520 Blue Ridge Rd., Raleigh NC 27607. 919-832-4100. ramadaraleigh.com

Please mention discount code GCPIPE20 for a special rate of $79 per night.

PIPE MAKING WORKSHOP: Friday, April 3rd 9am to 4pm

Start off your visit to TAPS by making your own pipe at our pipe making workshop hosted by Liberty Arts Sculpture Studio, 918 Pearl St., Durham, NC, and sponsored by Vermont Freehand. Taught by local artisan pipe makers David S. Huber, of DSH Pipes, and John Inge, the workshop will focus on the process of pipe making from start to finish. Experience working hands-on with common tools of the trade, including a professional grade sand blasting system. You will receive instruction and guidance from David and John every step of the way. At the end of the workshop, you will leave with a pipe of your own creation! During lunch, tour the fabrication facility at Liberty Arts and meet the artists that make up this vibrant Durham community.

Fee includes pipe kit and all necessary supplies, light breakfast, and lunch.

Please feel free to contact for more information at: info@tapsclub.us

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This is at the Fairgrounds, so the parking is usually plentiful. It's a good scale show, not huge but with plenty of exhibitors and activities. When I make it, I always like to make the rounds of tables at least twice. Pick up business cards for future reference. Boy, my wife has issues with her devices, phone and tablet, and dental needs, so I don't know if I will be prime to go; I never get out the door without buying something. The Ramada has a tasty Indian buffet, better than most.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The TAPS show started in a smaller exhibit building on the Fairgrounds that launched the show on a budget. The last three years or so, it has been in a much larger building, this one round, that serves as the Village of Yesteryear during the actual fair in October. It makes for a more comfortable airy exhibit space, and their is a sheltered entryway that serves as a smoking area. It works nicely. The first year it was there, I showed up just in time to receive the last free Missouri Meerschaum cap for the price of admission, and I'm still wearing it regularly. There's always a goody bag leaving, and the silent auction items are tempting. You'll be glad you went. Have in mind what you're buying so you won't buy everything, though I doubt anyone will stick to their shopping list. And don't forget that quite good Indian buffet at the Ramada.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
PROFESSIONAL PIPE PHOTOGRAPHER: Mary Clark Walters
will be on hand to capture the entire event, including the pipemaking workshop, welcome reception and pipe expo.
Will you post pictures here for those that can only go in spirit?

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
That’d be a bit of a drive but I’d like to see if I could make that! I’ve family further east in Nags Head and Cape Hatteras that I’ve not seen in some time.
How long does it take to get to cape hatteras from the show? I am working on convincing a couple friends with a camper that we should road trip to the show, and the fishing there could be a good selling point.

rdoss16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2019
Just got the notification that the show is officially cancelled. What a bummer. I understand the concern and im in the “better safe than sorry” camp, but a let down none the less. Always next year

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
They momentarily considered maybe a different date, but there are a number of criteria to consider.
- There are already other pipe shows going on in most states each month; if planned close to the date of another show, turnout would be affected since many of these vendors are involved in other shows.
- Vendors plan these out far on their calendars far in advance, so swapping out a date is not so easy for some.
- Putting a pipe show event together and orchestrating all of the puzzle pieces is a big job for the pipe show team.
It was best to can it until TAPS 2021. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.