PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
From Craig Cobine, the Show Director. (Not me, by the way!)

"
The Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club is sad to announce that we cancelled our contract with the Westin hotel today because of the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic. The safety of our community is our primary concern and we have been monitoring the situation carefully hoping that countermeasures would reduce the rate at which the disease is spreading. However, the increased infections throughout the world, and here in the Chicago metro area, appear to be on the rise. The airline restrictions, combined with state and local restrictions on meetings, will make it impossible to hold our international show in 2020. Our Show dates in 2021 will be May 1st and 2nd. All exhibitor deposits and payments are credits toward the 2021 show tables. If an exhibitor wants a refund, please contact me and a refund will be made.

The Chicago Pipe Show thanks all of the exhibitors, sponsors and supporters who registered for tables and hotel rooms. The Show also thanks Chuck Martin, Allan Boyd, and Paul Bender for the many hours spent in finding and working with the Westin.

Craig Cobine, Show Director"

Reactions: sfduke and Bowie

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
First a failed resort, and then a world pandemic. I think the organizers fought a good fight, and next year's show, and future years will prove all this effort was worthwhile. Sometimes history is all headwind. As Roger Miller once sang, "You can't roller-skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you have a mind to."

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I think it's a wise move. We may all still be in lock down by the show date. You guys did a Herculian job just getting the venue, which was an outstanding choice. On to next year.

Reactions: Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.