PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
With the new year approaching it struck me, I can't remember a year where so many famous people have passed away.

From pop stars & actors to comedians, from David Bowie & lemmy to Ronnie Corbett & Victoria wood. They've all gone west. Also we've lost a few decent blends of tobacco as well. Mainly plugs such as mick mcquaid, velvan & warrior, the one I'll miss most though is highland sliced, used to love mixing that with st. Bruno. Roll on 2017!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
2016 holds nothing for me to look back on fondly. Here's looking to a brighter future, I hope.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Really bad year for celebs, but I say enjoy the time you have. Next year may actually be worse! 8O

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I agree with Duane, but don't want to jinx the rest of the year. It ain't over yet. As a native of Indiana, I won't be taking a deep breath and relaxing for quite a few years. I kinda know what's coming. :evil:

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah good year overall, except for the dollar exchange rate. Celebrity deaths don't really phase me as it isn't someone I knew personally. I've started investing in stocks and so far I'm doing quite good, there's a green gold rush happening. Hopefully it leads me to a profitable hobby as I've always really been interested in the stock market, I finally took the plunge, now it's becoming like my new hobby.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Leonard Cohen and Leon Russell. A good thing for fans: the Cubs won the World Series after 108 years.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
People are excited about the new year.By the end of it they're excited about the next new year.When you're 74 you're not really excited about another year gone by.You know that you have a lot more behind you than in front of you.I just keep on smoking my pipe.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
A good thing for fans: the Cubs won the World Series after 108 years.

So far, the high point of the year (for some of us).
Well, here's to expecting the worst and hoping for the best ... I guess. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.