PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
My wife and I hosted the 2014 Coulee Region Area Pipe Smokers (CRAPS) pipe party July 26th. We had weather and a good turn out of members, friends and honored guests from the Milwaukee Area Pipe Society and The Great Northern Pipe Club along with a few spouses. Our clubs Founder/President Adam, (Passion on the pipe boards) and his lovely wife arrived first with one of their outstanding cake creations a Castello themed cake featuring two Castello pipes, a shape 30 flame and a shape 15 Epocha that were inspired from 2 pipe from my collection. I was blown away and it was as delicious as it was beautiful!

dscn2713.jpg

We enjoyed food, drink and conversation till we got down to bidness with the Coulee Cup Slow Smoking competition the warm still evening provided perfect smoking conditions. I commissioned this years competition pipe tamper from artisan blacksmith Greg Thues who goes by Thorsrevenge on the YouTube pipe community. He crafted these pipe nails from rod stock. I selected one of my "cake" pipes for the contest but I was the first outwith a time of 23 mins. Member Pat Murphy won with a time of 52:16 Here is Adam (second from right) and I (right) presenting the 2014 winners pipe rack to Pat (left).

dscn2714.jpg

It was a fun day. Here is a link to other photo's. 8O

https://plus.google.com/photos/104611199703561251325/albums/6045694671950354753

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Dave - most bodacious! That 'stello cake is truly awesome! Maybe one of these summers, I ought to tie in some exploratory ffishing up that way and drop in to show y'all how SloSmokin' is done ;).
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.