PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
As always, this is a great show. My only complaint was that there were fewer estate pipes than in that past. Plenty of new stuff to drool over though.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Looks great - I thought about going at the last minute, but circumstances prevented it - sorry I had to miss it. Was the weather a problem at all?

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
No problem with the weather. It was on the warm side, but the smoking tent is set up in a wooded area to the side of the Double Tree and was pretty well shaded.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Do you know the winners of the pipe carving contest? I think 7 pipes are chosen.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
Sorry, didn't get the winner's names, I was too busy drooling. They don't allow picture taking of the winners, P&T magazine does a feature on them every year. Maybe Kevin can pull a few strings and get a sneak preview.

magoo65

Lurker
Apr 10, 2013
Thanks for the pictures. I had planned on attending but couldn't make it.
Looks like a good time.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Great pics! I was looking through and noticed victor rimkus! (Rimkus Pipes) He is a local carver and is in Albuquerque pipe club so I see him frequently, glad to see his awesome work at the show!

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
Great pics! I was looking through and noticed victor rimkus! (Rimkus Pipes) He is a local carver and is in Albuquerque pipe club so I see him frequently, glad to see his awesome work at the show!

He had some beautiful pipes. Great guy to talk to.
Awesome photos and thanks for taking the time to post them here.

Sorry you couldn't make it this year. I guess I'll have to settle for enjoying that Autograph. :puffpipe:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
GREAT photos, KC! Thanks for taking and posting them!
What did you pick up for yourself?

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
I picked up a huge Ardor Meteora, an unsmoked Randy Wiley freehand and a beautiful old Ascorti. I was going by the Missouri Meerschaum table on the way out and picked up two Legends and a MacArthur.

When I got home, I found out that I'd won a nice Autograph on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390609532772?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

All things considered, not a bad haul. I'll have pictures of them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.