PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohn

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
It was a beautiful day in Central Pennsylvania, so the wife and I thought a nice drive would be in order. Boswell's Pipe Shop is just over an hour away so we picked that as our destination. Thursday, I received a double order of a nice Stanwell and an estate Dunhill, so I was due for another pipe rack. "Honey, I am all set on pipes and tobacco, just need to pick up some pipe cleaners and a cheap $.99 plastic rack for the new pipes". She was onboard and off we went.
Show up at the shop, JM greets me and asks about my foot (just out of a cast and walking gingerly). We chit chat and I tell him I am only looking for cleaners and the cheap pipe stands. He says, that is too bad. I know you love canadians, and I just finished three that will be going online this Thursday. He says I should take a look. Well, my wife must have seen my eyes light up when I saw the three canadians (one was nearly a foot long!). She say, "you should buy one". I explain that these are most likely a couple hundred dollars each. She says go ahead and do it, you work hard. So home I went with a $200 box of pipe cleaners, a checz tool, and they threw in a Dan and JM collaboration canadian for free!

The Dunhill estate and Stanwell from earlier this week on the aforementioned $.99 pipe stands.

It has been a good week for Big John!

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
That's certainly the nicest pipe I've seen, to come with a $200 box of pipe cleaners. :lol: Congrats sir on all of the pipes, and if I were you I'd hang on that fine lady you have there, she's a keeper.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Nice pipes. They have a nose warmer freehand on their site that I've been waiting for them to make another.
BTW, I helped my wife make a baby last year so now I get what I want. I wonder how long that will last?

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
That Canadian is gorgeous. My wife is very encouraging with my PAD. I've discovered that is my wife buying insurance. She becomes insured against any complaint I might have about her spending what she wants on whatever she wants. "Well you bought that $300 pipe" is hard to argue against when that new purse or pair of shoes calls to her.

bigjohn

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
Thanks for the compliments guys! The wife is ok, but things are not all roses. She wouldn't let me light up the new pipe on the ride back. The new pipe packed with some fresh Northwoods would have made the beautiful day even better. We had the top off the Wrangler, but still no dice.

bigjohn

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
That Canadian is gorgeous. My wife is very encouraging with my PAD. I've discovered that is my wife buying insurance. She becomes insured against any complaint I might have about her spending what she wants on whatever she wants. "Well you bought that $300 pipe" is hard to argue against when that new purse or pair of shoes calls to her.
I fully expect to see a "Coach" line item on the next Amex invoice. Oh well, she needs her toys too. I'll have to leave a Dyson Vacuum cleaner catalog laying around and hope she discovers a new hobby? ;-)

reverendsasquatch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Lancaster PA
I'm a noob to the forum, but do you guys ever do "jams" or get-togethers? Maybe some of us central PA boys could do a Boswell's outing! He has one of the nicest smoking lounges around.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@reverend - we do meet & greet's (I like Jam!) from time to time. I love 20 mins South of Boswells and would love a meet some fellow forum members. Pick a day and time and post it up. A few Facebook guys hang at Boswells on the first Saturday of the month (this coming Saturday). I went thru Chambersburg yesterday, but didn't have time to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.