PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
Last night I sat down and smoked a bowl of Odyssey exactly 2 years after lighting up my first pipe. It has been a fun journey and I still consider myself a novice. I just wanted to thank this forum for all the great advice I have received. I'm sure I would be very far behind my current progress without all your help. Thanks.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I just entered my third year of "real" pipe smoking myself. I fooled around with brylon and cheap drugstore stuff years before, but couldn't ever get my pipe to stay lit haha. I share your gratitude, this is an excellent forum with lots of great characters and information!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you for your ideas, input, and questions too. I'm not sure what benefit all this esoteric information on tobacco pipes and blends might be, but at Forums, we are quite a think tank on the subject. Elsewhere, we are perhaps mostly a "huh?" factor.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
No thanks necessary were like church and your family we take everyone as they come.

My early days in the hobby were spent learning from the guy at the shop and from pipe books. Nothing will ever match good old days of ASP and Face Book is now the hub as other pipe boards have shrunk to nothing PipesMagazine.com's pipe board has grown into one of the two busiest pipe boards around. As much I enjoy reading the boards it the Magazine content that really puts PM.com in a class by itself. 8O

kuroneko

Lurker
Dec 19, 2016
I'm also at my third year of smoking, it's been a wonderful experience and littered my life with interesting encounters. Hoping for many more to come!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've spent many a happy hour learning, smoking, and acquiring, in the three years I've been at it.

Once I found this forum, I found a hobby and part of it, perhaps an underappreciated part of it, is the camaraderie here.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Six months for me and I have gotten more help from reading posts on this forum then any book I have been able to find yet. Looking forward to the next 50 years here.

phallbass

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2016
The forum is great. Congratulations on 2 years.

I lit my first pipe on a 2nd honeymoon with wife almost exactly 4 months ago. Ive since out of love and curiosity been led here. This is a community/ family the likes of none I've ever seen. Reading and digging through old posts has answered so many questions. I 2nd the thank you's.

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
I'm nearing the end of my first month. Looking forward to reminiscing about my first bowls in a few decades. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.