PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I've had two bags of D&R living under my desk for over 2 years, Ramback and Ryback.

They are very good smokes and they are the Keith Richards of the pipe tobacco world.

Neither has changed at all in that time. They've not gotten any better or any worse.

They just lie there patiently, waiting for me to codger scoop them into a pipe and then are ready to go.

If you are new to D&R, just remember to pack a little tighter and go slower and you will likely enjoy them.

Currently smoking some Ryback. puffy

1593662138965.jpeg

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Greg Pease has a good article about this somewhere. He says that Craig Tarler used to try to get him to tin his blends dryer, so as not to "charge for water", but that he felt a little extra moisture was better for long-term storage and ensuring there's minimal dust in the tin when it arrives to the consumer.

You must have gotten a one off bag.

I'd rather take my chances with dust than pay for water. Some of the bulk stuff out there is extremely wet. Whether or not its purpose is to make a bigger bottom line, it does.

Reactions: Pipelady20

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
To be honest my first experience with D&R was a OZ of 2 Timer and was less than thrilled and considered it a "Cigarette" tobacco. However, since then i have tried Picayune, 3 sails, Ramback, and have a few others on the way. Some are better than others IMO but really like Picayune and 3 Sails something about the Shag cut tobaccos is interesting to me...they look and taste different from most ribbon cuts IMO. Plus D&R can be had for a excellent price of around $20/LB or $25 for LB in Mylar sealed bag. And remember these tobaccos come on the dry side so (same with Russ O) you are not paying for water or PG and as a result you will get more quantity than with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.