PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
After listening to Harris extoll the virtues of Rad Davis pipes so much that I am convinced he is, in reality, Rad's publicity manager, I decided to take the bait. I had to save up and then wait for a Rad to come along that appealed to me. I really like Billiards, Canadians and Pots, so when this one showed up on the bay I decided to take a chance. It is a smaller size than I prefer, but I figured that would translate to a lower winning bid and if I really liked it then I could search for something in a larger size.
This is the most I have ever spent on a pipe and it shows. The craftsmanship is great, drilling is spot on, wide open draw, stem fit is perfect. It smokes like a champ, in fact it almost smokes itself. It is light as a feather and I really love the cumberland bit.
I have to say that I would recommend a Rad Davis to anyone looking for an artisan pipe. Yes Harris, I am a believer. Jeezo, you don't think I should start taking Peck's suggestions seriously, do you?
RadCan4.jpg

RadCan1.jpg

RadCan2.jpg

RadCan3.jpg

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Ha! You got it! Congrats, I really wanted to win that one but had to be away from the computer when it ended. A spectacular Canadian, I hope it smokes great!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats Bat - that is a beauty. Glad she smokes as well as Harris has said. A Rad is on my short list once I win the lottery!

jon11

Oct 25, 2013
I agree with Riff...every pipe smoker has to have a Rad!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I'm glad you liked that pipe, batdemon... and you almost didn't win it. I really wanted to keep that pipe for myself rather than sell it on my eBay site, but alas, figured I had enough pipes (for this week anyway). I do admit that I cried a little as I packed it up and sent it off to you. :crying:
And a public thanks for your business, pardner!
Pipestud

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's one long, lean Canadian, with a great finish. I like the way the oval shank is accentuated. A really

cultivated sense of design at work here. I don't have a Rad, but I may have to smoke the next bowl in

my good old Canadian.

Jan 8, 2013
Great pipe. Rad's still, and possibly always, are out of my league. But, man, it sure is fun to see them as people get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.