PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
I just bought this for $35 on mercari.

I have a nice Dunhill rolagas but it’s not the pipe valve, and the flame is too soft for cigars.

I have a nice kiribi I use religiously but I let someone use it while we were lighting up and they thought that you bend the arm all the way back to strike the flame. Ugg. So, it still works, but doesn’t seat enough for me to comfortably walk around with it in my pocket and not know if it’s leaking butane as the arm closes the valve but just barely.

Which leads me to this one.

They said it works, does anyone have any experience with this style? I’m assuming it’s a pipe lighter.

Attachments

• 96C79422-DE70-4D69-BDD2-D1528CB7D8B5.jpeg
    96C79422-DE70-4D69-BDD2-D1528CB7D8B5.jpeg
    565.6 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
I got it a few days ago and bought it because the seller advised it was working. After adding fuel, it doesn’t work. Lame. They advised it sparks so it should work. I’m going to have to send back. The good news is that I have a IM pipe master coming to try out.

I got it a few days ago and bought it because the seller advised it was working. After adding fuel, it doesn’t work. Lame. They advised it sparks so it should work. I’m going to have to send back. The good news is that I have a IM pipe master coming to try out.
Yeah, I bought an antique Old boy Maruman under the same pretense but I got it cheap enough I kept it and will send it in for a going over. It's otherwise a beautiful lighter in great shape.

I just need to get it rebuilt.

IMG_5701.jpg
IMG_5702.jpg

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I just bought this for $35 on mercari.

I have a nice Dunhill rolagas but it’s not the pipe valve, and the flame is too soft for cigars.

I have a nice kiribi I use religiously but I let someone use it while we were lighting up and they thought that you bend the arm all the way back to strike the flame. Ugg. So, it still works, but doesn’t seat enough for me to comfortably walk around with it in my pocket and not know if it’s leaking butane as the arm closes the valve but just barely.

Which leads me to this one.

They said it works, does anyone have any experience with this style? I’m assuming it’s a pipe lighter.
Just for the record many purists say cigars should only be lit with soft flames / burning cedar as a torch is “too hot” and the heat can affect the tobacco in a good portion of the foot of the cigar. Me i use a torch ?