PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
I just placed my 1st order with Cup O’ Joes that arrived today, 2 MM Cobs and 1 pouch of Tabac Manil’s Semois Reserve du Patron.

It all came in a Vanilla padded envelope, as I opened it, there was the Tabac Manil, sitting there, and next to it some rolled up newspaper.

All they did was wrap the Cobs in newspaper! The least they could of done was send me the newspaper in English, not Spanish so I could read it... LOL :ROFLMAO:

This is the wildest packing job I’ve ever had, reminds me how the Kiwi’s in New Zealand wrap Fish & Chips in newspapers for take-out orders. LOL :ROFLMAO:

P.S. Great service Cup O’ Joes! ?

View attachment 56083
"Honey, make sure you don't throw those newspapers away, I need them for the business"

Reactions: PipeIT

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
I don't know what has been going on but people here seem way more on edge and jumping recently. Probably cutting back for some new years resolution.
It was like this the last time I was on this forum earlier this year...that's why took a break from it for several months when my wife and I went to our house in Florida. But back then there was also a huge cancel culture on here where about a dozen members would just jump all over your shit if you even thought of offering up an opposing view to something...that's only about half as bad now.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
If I remember correctly, didn't you send tobacco to another forum member in a toothpaste box a couple of years ago? Repurposing at it's best. puffy

I may be wrong, but I thought it was you.

Yes, I sent a partial ziplock of 1792 to someone. I mailed it ghetto cheap in a normal business envelope and two stamps.

The flattened toothpaste box fit the envelope and held the rolled baggie, providing an additional layer. Also keeping people from squeezing the thing and wondering, "Is this weed/other questionable matter?"

1609269323251.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
It was like this the last time I was on this forum earlier this year...that's why took a break from it for several months when my wife and I went to our house in Florida. But back then there was also a huge cancel culture on here where about a dozen members would just jump all over your shit if you even thought of offering up an opposing view to something...that's only about half as bad now.
I know for one I am happy not really knowing people's political views on here. They're all wrong even the ones that I agree with :). So happened last year too? Must be something about the holidays. I guess I am not the only one who has horrible jerks for a family or some such thing. Seriously though this kind of place should be an oasis from the problems and issues of life. The only thing that should matter is we're all strange ducks that smoke leafs out of carved roots or minerals or cobs. And one of the weird things is it seems like a lot of the grumpiness stems from over sensitivity towards slights.
kind of like that skit though nowhere near as extreme. We should all be friends here or at least pretend to be. And we should appreciate the verboten topics as they help keep the place calmer (and honestly if you don't have enough places to talk about those subjects there is this place called the internet).

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I’m an easy going person, look at my profile where I live. If you’re on edge, up tight living out here, damm I feel sorry for you.

So come take a vacation my way. :col:

As I say; ‘I live on the Coconut Wireless’! ? ?

Aloha! ??☀️

02D74441-FDB2-4FBB-8415-FED7716F680D.gif

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee

Ah, that paled next to the cancel culture of '16.... There was cancelling in the snow, uphill, both ways. lol

Reactions: stokesdale
Status
Not open for further replies.