PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Finally got to try some. I don't know that I've had a tobacco with a thicker, creamier smoke. Very nice, light flavor and aroma to it. Thanks for the recommendations all.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I'm not really an aro guy, but that would be a good go to if I were in public smoking. Probably less offensive to the olfactories of others than the lat blends which I've grown to love :)

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
Wife swears by the aroma, it just does not give me enough back. I still smoke it just not one of my top picks.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
haha Jchap, I feel the same way. I smoke it from time to time, and I enjoy it, however its not one of my favorites. For whatever reason though I continue to buy more and smoke it. Its not at all bad, just not my favorite.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I love Lane's 1Q...

I agree it's a good "go to" smoke.

Good flavor, excellent room note that is pleasant and familiar to most people.

I like it because it is easy on the palate, and makes those more complex blends easier to enjoy.
:puffy:

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I dedicated my new pipe to Lane 1Q only. It is the best aromatic I've tried, though I haven't tried very many.
I agree with Lawrence's assessment.

smokinggun

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2011
I like 1Q, a friend turned me on to it but it's not my favorite areo, so far Petersons Nutty Cut has been my favoeite.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
so far Petersons Nutty Cut

I actually have a sealed tin of that here that I've been saving. I can't open anything else until I finish off some other tins but I'll be sure to make that one of the next ones.

omni

Lurker
Feb 10, 2012
I'm a big fan of this stuff. From my experience a dependable and simple go to smoke.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
1Q is nice, but its like eating a whipped desert topping. Lots of fluff, pleasant, is good, but afterwards leaves you still hungry and looking for more. That's when you need to back it up with something more "meaty" like a good full English blend. IMHO (Which with the current rate of deflation is worth less today than yesterday) :puffpipe:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I smoked this (and ONLY this) for the first 15 years of my smoking career. But then I tried latakia blends and never went back to aromatics.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
I am accumulating quite a collection--aka cellar--of small mason jars of blends I have tried. Some are ok and some I hope get better as the age. One of the couple that are in large (1 QT) jars is 1Q as it is dependably a good smoke. It is what taught me that if I sip (small amount of smoke) so that it is only one the end of my tongue then I know what is meant by sweetness in VA's and what someone here spoke of as "creamy".

Status
Not open for further replies.