Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
Hey all,
Tried Lanes's 1Q for the first time today, in 2 pipes, the first one was a small no name nosewarmer, it went really well, I used the tobacco as the first bowl for the pipe(it was new and never smoked) I really quite liked it!!, smooth and a little sweet, it reminded me of the first tobacco I tried 20 odd years ago (I think it was CBW??? a friend packed my first pipe for me with some of his tobacco...), The 1Q was really sort of creamy to me with a nice sweetness, I tried it again after dinner in a pipe I had been smokeing VAPER in and the ghosting from the VAPER with the 1Q was really nice, I really liked the effect...
I can see how all you guys who swear by it can do so, I wish I had gotten to the party sooner!
Cheers and have a good one.

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
That's good to hear. I just ordered 8 oz of the 1Q and 4 oz of the BCA to try both for the first time.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Interesting timing. Been recently tossing around the idea of trying it. In 20 years I have yet to try 1Q being mostly an English smoker, but always hear about it. Have seen mixed reviews on it, so have never been sure if I want to give it a go. Maybe I'll have them add in a couple ounces on a future order and give it a try.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
1Q is very popular with my wife and kids I would recommend it to smokers who have been banished to the garage or deck as a tolerable inside smoke. To me it's more like hot steam than smoke. 8O

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Now Dave, when you say its more like hot steam than smoke, is it without much taste? I know its not going to be like my regular English blends, and I don't like ice hanging from my pipe when get sent to the back deck, but I gotta get something out of it.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Stacen,
I have been smoking 1Q since the day I bought my first pipe mumble years ago.

Seriously; it's a great "go to" smoke.

I use it as a palate cleaner... so to speak.

It helps when I wish to smoke a more complicated smoke.
It is good and utilitarian in my book.

cornguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2011
I'm with Lawrence on 1Q. Pleasant and mild, I can enjoy it anytime of day.

Right now, I'm smoking MacB's 7 Seas Royal, which also ranks very high on my enjoyment scale.

Both are great smokes.

jamesgormley

Lurker
Feb 27, 2011
If i could i would go over to America just to get some 1Q seeing as you cant get it in the UK as SkylonRow said earlier

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I think we should arrange a Government funded to tobacco exchange like they do with high school students

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
I just bought another pound of 1Q, I am with Lawrence it is a great smoke on its own but also lets you enjoy heavier blends, I use it kinda like a baseline.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
In case you live in europe or scandinavia and want something I suspect is very much like 1Q (could it actually be 1Q rebranded?) then I can recommend this:
http://www.cigarre24.de/pfeifentabak/pfeifentabakk/kaeptnbarsdorfbester/kaeptnbarsdorfbestervanilla200g.php
It is cheapish, has a slight taste (but stronger room note) of vanilla. A really good quality for money tobacco.
"includes a high proportion of soft soft, Black Cavendish, the excellent grade of the finest vanilla aroma, a refined through" is what Google translate says. :lol:

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
I ended up ordering some 1q from the U.S as I wanted to try it so bad after reading reviews and comments in here. It certainly doesn't disappoint !
Maybe we should organise an international box pass. Seen a few comments on here where ther are tobaccos that we can easily get in the Uk that you guys struggle to get over the pond. Maybe we should make a list of wants

skylonrow

Might Stick Around
Feb 23, 2011
Great Britain
I ended up ordering some 1q from the U.S as I wanted to try it so bad after reading reviews and comments in here. It certainly doesn't disappoint !
Maybe we should organise an international box pass. Seen a few comments on here where ther are tobaccos that we can easily get in the Uk that you guys struggle to get over the pond. Maybe we should make a list of wants
Great Idea!
I'd gladly take part, as long as there are no issue with the Taxing etc on the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.