Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
The 475 shape is one of my all-time favorites, partly because of its sheer minimalist practicality. Few designs are so NON streamlined and NON sexy.

(I don't like pokers at all, though. Go figure...)

Anyway, this one came from one of Kevin's sponsors, Dave Neeb, so wanted you guys to know his site is worth watching in addition to just showing the pipe. (It needed some work to be "new" again, but was fairly priced with that in mind, and he was VERY easy to deal with. Recommended.)

Anyway, my camera takes photos that are a massive PITA to upload here because of size limits, so put the shots on the pipemakers forum site which is amenable to such things and only a click away.

MAN, I love this pipe... :col:

jeremiah

Lurker
Jul 14, 2017
A very utilitarian shape that has a certain attractiveness to it. Your stem is top notch, as always.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The 475 shape is one of my all-time favorites, partly because of its sheer minimalist practicality. Few designs are so NON streamlined and NON sexy.

(I don't like pokers at all, though. Go figure...)

Anyway, this one came from one of Kevin's sponsors, Dave Neeb, so wanted you guys to know his site is worth watching in addition to just showing the pipe. (It needed some work to be "new" again, but was fairly priced with that in mind, and he was VERY easy to deal with. Recommended.)

Anyway, my camera takes photos that are a massive PITA to upload here because of size limits, so put the shots on the pipemakers forum site which is amenable to such things and only a click away.

MAN, I love this pipe... :col:

yeah I agree about pokers and agree that this particular pipe is what I call pugly. Which is something that is appealing but should technically be ugly (like how cute pugs are).

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
yeah I agree about pokers and agree that this particular pipe is what I call pugly. Which is something that is appealing but should technically be ugly (like how cute pugs are).
Bingo!

And more applicable than you probably imagined...

My first dog was a pug. 1966. His name was Gus. He was a spectacularly ridiculous little beast, and I miss him to this day.

Yup, the 475 is Dunhill's pug dog. rotf

Gus.jpg

Last edited:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Bingo!

And more applicable than you probably imagined...

My first dog was a pug. 1966. His name was Gus. He was a spectacularly ridiculous little beast, and I miss him to this day.

Yup, the 475 is Dunhill's pug dog. rotf

View attachment 102277
So the term pugly has just gotten legs. I've never met a pug that wasn't adorable and charming. You'd dig the shirt I am wearing, it's a pug in a leather jacket smoking maybe a gb bent billard. The logo isn't clear but looks like a GB.