PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
What was supposed to be my tenth pipe actually turned into a block of kindling when I accidentally carved through the shank into the shaft. So I set it aside.... and made the Army First Infantry Division Tribute Pipe.
But then I got some great bamboo... I cut the shank off to broken pipe, and turned the now miniature pipe bowl into a mini church warden about 10.5 inches long that looks like a Hishaku - a Japanese Bamboo Water Ladle!
So here she is: R11 - Hishaku - a Japanese Bamboo Water Ladle!
r11-hishaku-bamboo-ladle-600x600.jpg

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Very nice pipe. Do you smoke from the pipes you make? If so, how is this pipe? Thanks for sharing. Cheers! :puffpipe:

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
I actually thought about adding a mouth piece but: at 10.5 inches its too long to be a clencher, and the shank is only about 5/16th inch in diameter so its too small for any bit or mouth piece I would have, so I left it looking the part of a Hishaku.
I actually have another damaged block that I plan on doing another bamboo stem with a mouth piece. It will look more like an old clay with reed stem, and it will have a short mouth piece. I had made an order with Mr. Brog for some briar blocks, but he ended up being out of stock, so my order was refunded, but he sent me a slightly damaged block for free. Yay!

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
haha!, I'd love to do a mammoth tusk! even a regular antler would be cool!

lildutchboy

Lurker
Dec 1, 2012
You seem to be developing the contrasting rim as a sort of signature. But just as i say that I'm sure you'll jump in another direction.
When can we start buying joshremy originals? I'd do awful things for the pot o gold.

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Lately I've been trying different designs and styles.

I might actually do one of my previous styles and see about putting it up for sale or bid sometime soon.

Right now I'm waiting on some more blocks coming in, so I'm just playing around with a broken block and one or two remaining blocks I have left.
I'd say, unless inspiration for another design hits me (aside from 2 I'm currently working on), I might put one up about 3 pipes from now. ... Who knows maybe it will be another Pot O' Gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.