1 Thing?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

If there was a fire and you could grab only 1 thing, what would you grab?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Just get out
That's coming from a pro... pay attention everyone!

I think it's a good frame of mind to mentally prepare yourself for before it happens so you're well sorted and know what the drill ought to be. No material possession is worth the risk to your life.

I'd say the same for robberies.

It's amazing what some people risk (and lose) their lives over.

Reactions: JOHN72 and lawdawg

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I've got that all planned out ? ....... but what you plan to do when and if there's a fire in your house can always go sideways very quickly. It's tough to plan what to do when there are fires and robberies.
But I think I'd grab my wife, the dog and some kind of shoes. Then I'd sit there on the sidewalk wondering if my safe is really going to protect my valuables and, "did anyone see the cat come out?"

Reactions: JOHN72

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I'd grab my phone, the screen would light, I'd be aware of notifications on Facebook, I'd check those, then check other media, notica the battery is low, search for charger, charge, look at the clock to find out if the kids are at school or not, think about why I am here at this time of day, go look out the kitchen window to gauge the weather, maybe check my phone again, then maybe remember I just had another kid 6 months ago that is not at school, spend some time trying to remember where I put her last, grab something random, like a slice of bread or a broomstick and rush outside to see if she is indeed in the stroller as I hope she is.