PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Posted in wrong section.
It was in general discussion, so I moved it to tobacco discussion. But, it could have been in either.
Thanks Cosmic. When I opened this thread, I thought we would just laugh and let it go, however it went to another direction as we can see.
If I'm gonna spend moneys, I want a return. If I donate moneys I want to see people benefit from such.
You, sir, are a wise man.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I suppose it comes down to priorities. I have several financially successful friends and they tend to be very careful with their money. I was out to dinner with one of them, who has a very healthy estate that she built up through shrewd investments who was talking about her need to look for a new car. She loves the Tesla, but says that she can't really afford anything that pricey. She's going to look for a good low mileage used car.

A friend of my business lost her husband a few years ago, and she immediately started downsizing everything. He had started several car rental companies that everyone knows the names of. But, he had just bought a Maserati right before he passed away. She is in her mid 60's and has never really had to drive herself. She tried to sell the car, but her son told her that her husband still owed more than the car was worth. So, for a couple of years, you'd see this Maserati jumping at stops signs, rev'ing up, running over curbs, swiping mailboxes, with this little bitty woman at the wheel. Her son finally agreed to sell it for her when the sides of the body were starting to look like the texture of a crumpled paper bag.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Michael, that's hilarious! Like I said, it's about priorities. My friend will be driving yet another used car, but she put her nieces and nephew through college and spends a lot of time and money promoting reading and childhood literacy. For some it's a $1000 an ounce tobacco. For others, it's making sure that kids can read.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Well, there are some out there that are paying thousands for a single bottle of whiskey. $100-$200+ a shot."
World's most expensive dram of Scotch was a fake.....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-41695774
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.